Marvel Live Action

Started by Spark Of Spirit, February 20, 2015, 07:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

I'll try to start it up after work tonight. I'll only get to a few episodes, though.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm 4 episodes in so far, and personally I'm really digging it. I love The Punisher in this show, and the staircase fight scene from episode 3 may just have surpassed the hallway fight scene from the first season as my favorite action scene in this show.

Now to see how Elektra turned out. It'll also be great to see the return of The Yakuza and Stick later on this season, as well.

Foggle

Just spent the past hour trying to watch the first episode. First, my internet decided not to work for 40 minutes (thanks, Time Warner). Now, Netflix keeps glitching out or refusing to buffer the episode once I've initially loaded it. I'm 9 minutes in and unable to continue. Fuck streaming.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Seems like more of a connection problem than a streaming problem. I've had that problem before as well, and usually because my connection was slow. Right now my connection is fine and I've had no problems streaming.

Foggle

Yeah, my first issue was definitely a connection problem. Just a little mad at streaming since you have to be online to do it and my internet can be kind of wonky. :( About to try again!

Foggle

Just finished the first episode. Great start to the new season; probably the best Marvel Netflix premiere yet! I absolutely loved how it introduced the Punisher, and can't wait to watch more later. :im_nabeshin:

Spark Of Spirit

I'm a bit behind today, but episode 1 was off the wall. The Punisher had literally one line (word, actually) which made him more than a credible threat. It's nice to see him in his early days before he learned any semblance of restraint, too. Then there was Foggy and Karen being incredible and Matt continuing being a great hero. DD is back and as good as ever!

Going straight into episode 2.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm 7 episodes in and just can't stop watching.

I will say that the Elektra/Yakuza sub-plot, while fine, isn't nearly as good as The Punisher story-line, which is amazing. But if my biggest complaint about a show is that sometimes it's only just pretty good, and great the rest of the time, then you know that it's an awesome show.

Foggle

I really loved how they built up the Punisher in the first episode.

Spoiler
Having that Irish mobster give a five-minute monologue about how he was going to be the next bad guy after Fisk and then immediately get killed by the real antagonist was awesome.
[close]
That's one of my favorite narrative devices in this kind of story. :D

Spark Of Spirit

I just finished off episode 3. Wow, this is certainly paced faster than season 1 was, though with no less great stuff.

Spoiler
The moral battle between Matt and Frank in episode 3 was pretty amazing in how they went back and forth. Matt is too cocky and Frank refuses to admit culpability for his faults. Charlie Cox and Jon Bernthal are amazing in their roles. It's up there with episode 2 in season 1 as one of my favorite episodes.
[close]

There's no question that this is the best portrayal of the Punisher in live action by far.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Just watched episode 3. It did the, imo, the greatest Punisher/Daredevil comic book scene ever
Spoiler
with The Punisher tying up Daredevil and sticking a gun on him with the only way to stop Frank from killing someone is to shoot him
[close]
from Welcome Back, Frank. I suggest everyone read that. Also, the stairway scene was unbelievable awesome. Unlike the hallway scene from episode 2 of season 1 I liked it..hell, freaking loved it. The argument between Frank and Matt seemed so natural. I'm happy that got good actors for both guys. I can't believe I can't watch anymore right now but boy tomorrow night I'm marathoning the rest of the show.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Episode 8:

Spoiler
1. FISK!!!!

2. STICK!!!!

3. How the hell is Matt having so much trouble believing Stick's story? This is the same Universe in which a giant green monster tore up half of New York, an alien invasion destroyed the other half, a magic hammer-wielding demigod is totally a thing, and an evil AI-controlled robot attempted to  bring about the extinction of humanity by lifting up a small country and slamming it back down to Earth. Compared to all of that, the concept of The Hand seems pretty tame.
[close]

Spark Of Spirit

Just wrapped up episode 6. I'll probably finish up tonight with one more and then call it a night.

So far, this is every bit as good as the first season. Which basically means its more of Marvel at its best. If season 3 isn't announced by the end of the month I'll be very disappointed.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Just finished the season. It was a hell of a binge-watch, but it was worth it. Personally, I loved it. This was a great follow-up to an already great first season, IMO.

Dr. Insomniac

Two episodes in, and my only gripe so far is that Punisher's voice is nowhere near deep enough. I'll get used to it though.