Marvel Live Action

Started by Spark Of Spirit, February 20, 2015, 07:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Punisher's definitely better than both put together
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Insomniac

Spoiler
So what was the sarcophagus full of blood for? Is that how The Hand resurrect themselves? With blood magic? And now I can't remember when we saw scenes of Nobu or any of the Hand ninjas in daylight...

And what made Elektra different from the Black Sky kid Nobu had last season? It seemed like she was their chosen one because of the way they bowed to her, but then what was the deal with the previous kid? So there are multiple Black Skies? And why did Stick kill that Black Sky without a second thought while protecting Elektra as a kid, only to change his mind about that and try to kill her as an adult? And why even save her life with the baking soda if you were going to plan a hit on her a couple episodes later? Stick was a cool character, but his motives didn't make sense by the end.
[close]

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on March 21, 2016, 02:21:17 PM
Spoiler
So what was the sarcophagus full of blood for? Is that how The Hand resurrect themselves? With blood magic? And now I can't remember when we saw scenes of Nobu or any of the Hand ninjas in daylight...

And what made Elektra different from the Black Sky kid Nobu had last season? It seemed like she was their chosen one because of the way they bowed to her, but then what was the deal with the previous kid? So there are multiple Black Skies? And why did Stick kill that Black Sky without a second thought while protecting Elektra as a kid, only to change his mind about that and try to kill her as an adult? And why even save her life with the baking soda if you were going to plan a hit on her a couple episodes later? Stick was a cool character, but his motives didn't make sense by the end.
[close]

That's actually a lot easier to explain than you're making it sound:

Spoiler
Clearly Stick was going against The Chased's orders in trying to protect Elektra and use her for their cause. When he realized that she would no longer be his loyal agent, he decided to kill her off rather than risk her being captured and used by The Hand.
[close]

And seeing as how TV shows have a tendency of having ongoing plot threads, is it really so strange that not every single question is answered in a single season? Black Sky and The Hand were introduced in the first season, and nothing was resolved with them then. That sub-plot progressed in this season, but still didn't wrap-up. Clearly this is an ongoing plot that is building up to something bigger. It's kind of hard to claim that it has left too many loose ends when it isn't even close to finished, yet.

Spark Of Spirit

Still not done, but it is great stuff. Continuing off of an excellent season 1, Daredevil continues its momentum. I do wish Foggy had more development like his episode last season, but otherwise I'm enjoying just about everything.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on March 21, 2016, 02:21:17 PM
Spoiler

[close]
Spoiler
Not sure if it's blood magic. According to Night Nurse, the guinea pigs Daredevil got from The Hand were full of some kind of drugs or some shit. I think they use that type of shit to both revive and control their minions. It's still kind of unclear and confusing though.

Stick's motives were confusing. Possibly because he was conflicted about what he should do. I don't know. And the deal with the Black Skies is much more confusing. They already had him should have "won the war" or whatever back then and I have no clue why there's more then one.
[close]

Peanutbutter

Spoiler
Finally finished forty minutes ago.

{Spoiler}{Spoiler}
The entire season was great! I don't think every episode has to be the length of Game of Thrones as some scenes could have been deleted, but this season was amazing overall.

I loved both Elektra and Punisher's arcs. Seeing Matt struggle constantly with debating Foggy after arguing similarly with Punisher was a good contrast. And more interesting was him wrestling over leaving everything behind to stay with Elektra.

Obviously she'll be back at some point. I loved Elodie Yung. She's a fine addition though I imagine she won't be back for a long while.

With Kingpin still and jail and Nobu finally ended by Stick, Bullseye has to be the main villain for Season Three. No one else would be more fitting, even though I still don't know whom all of Daredevil's Rogues Gallery are.

A little disappointed that Nelson and Murdock was dissolved. Obviously, Foggy and Matt will make up at some point but I think their firm should have lasted a couple more seasons. It just doesn't have as much emotional impact having them close their business so soon.

I don't know what Matt will be doing, but at least he finally let Karen in by telling her his secret finally. S3 can't get here soon enough!
[close]

Oh and Foggy was fine this season. He has every right to be mad at Matt, especially with how little attention he gave their case.

Foggle

Just finished episode 6. That one was really good! I'm loving both the Punisher and Elektra storylines so far, though I would definitely give the former a slight edge.

Quote from: Peanutbutter on March 21, 2016, 08:03:21 PM
Oh and Foggy was fine this season. He has every right to be mad at Matt, especially with how little attention he gave their case.
Yeah, I honestly haven't had any problems with Foggy at all. He pretty much acts exactly like I'd expect a superhero's civilian best friend/business partner would.

Spark Of Spirit

Foggy's anger is every bit justified when Matt leaves him holding the bag, but not so much about the Daredevil thing he keeps harping about. By now he should really know the hero thing is not a switch Matt can just turn off.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Peanutbutter on March 21, 2016, 08:03:21 PM
Spoiler
Finally finished forty minutes ago.

{Spoiler}{Spoiler}
The entire season was great! I don't think every episode has to be the length of Game of Thrones as some scenes could have been deleted, but this season was amazing overall.

I loved both Elektra and Punisher's arcs. Seeing Matt struggle constantly with debating Foggy after arguing similarly with Punisher was a good contrast. And more interesting was him wrestling over leaving everything behind to stay with Elektra.

Obviously she'll be back at some point. I loved Elodie Yung. She's a fine addition though I imagine she won't be back for a long while.

With Kingpin still and jail and Nobu finally ended by Stick, Bullseye has to be the main villain for Season Three. No one else would be more fitting, even though I still don't know whom all of Daredevil's Rogues Gallery are.

A little disappointed that Nelson and Murdock was dissolved. Obviously, Foggy and Matt will make up at some point but I think their firm should have lasted a couple more seasons. It just doesn't have as much emotional impact having them close their business so soon.

I don't know what Matt will be doing, but at least he finally let Karen in by telling her his secret finally. S3 can't get here soon enough!
[close]

Because spending his time saving lives and fighting an evil organization is clearly a waste of time.

Matt obviously wasn't ignoring the case on purpose. He had more important things to do. Like, legitimately more important. Foggy was completely in the wrong.

Dr. Insomniac

And Foggy definitely knows what Matt's risking. He found him lying on the roof with his mask cracked. From the increasingly small window Matt allows him to look into, he should know gambling his life fighting vigilantes and crime syndicates is going to take away time from looking into another case. Unless he thinks all the superheroes on the other side of New York City are great multitaskers, then that's just plain unsympathetic on Foggy's part.

gunswordfist

Well Iron Man is an incredible multitasker  :thinkin:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

He's also rich (so, no money problems or places that he just has to be to on time for work reasons), doesn't have a secret identity to worry about, and nobody gives him shit about being a superhero.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: gunswordfist on March 22, 2016, 03:06:55 PM
But Age of Ultron happened because he knew he couldn't handle all the work on his platter.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on March 22, 2016, 03:35:42 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on March 22, 2016, 03:06:55 PM
But Age of Ultron happened because he knew he couldn't handle all the work on his platter.
I still need to see that. :)

Foggle

Saw episode 9! That one was truly exceptional.

Spoiler
I loved seeing Fisk again, and the Punisher was just amazing in that prison fight. Karen continues being great and Matt telling off Foggy for always riding his ass was a great moment. I also enjoyed Stick's role in the previous episode and am liking Elektra's character a lot more now. However, ninjas stealing blood from imprisoned children was a bit too over the top IMO. There's a thin line between dark and hokey, and the show is definitely straddling it at the moment.
[close]

Jesus, this season is violent, though. Way more blood/gore than Jessica Jones, which already had way more blood/gore than Daredevil season 1. At this rate, I can only assume The Defenders will be a remake of Martyrs featuring superheroes. :il_hahaha: