Marvel Live Action

Started by Spark Of Spirit, February 20, 2015, 07:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 22, 2016, 09:24:35 PM
Now when is Matt gonna show up in the movies?
Infinity War, prob--

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on March 22, 2016, 09:26:20 PM
I remember reading an interview saying there would have to be quite a few arrangements made in order for any of the TV characters to appear in the movies, like that one where the Russos were unsure as to whether the Defenders would appear in Infinity War.
Oh. Shit.

I really hope they can arrange for the Defenders to appear in Infinity War, maybe even get Deadpool and some X-Men in there too. That'd be the greatest superhero event movie ever.

Dr. Insomniac

Very unlikely given Fox. According to Feige, they wouldn't even give them Galactus or the Skrulls despite neither of those characters having a hope of appearing in the Fox movies.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on March 22, 2016, 09:28:38 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 22, 2016, 09:24:35 PM
Now when is Matt gonna show up in the movies?
Infinity War, prob--

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on March 22, 2016, 09:26:20 PM
I remember reading an interview saying there would have to be quite a few arrangements made in order for any of the TV characters to appear in the movies, like that one where the Russos were unsure as to whether the Defenders would appear in Infinity War.
Oh. Shit.

I really hope they can arrange for the Defenders to appear in Infinity War, maybe even get Deadpool and some X-Men in there too. That'd be the greatest superhero event movie ever.
As much as I would like Infinity War to go all out, I think we're lucky enough to be getting Spider-Man in Civil War.

Still, I hope they get the Defenders in there. It will be a real loss if they can't.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

:( I just want Deadpool to show up in the post-credits scene so he can discuss his proposed buddy comedy with Spider-Man! Though I guess that's probably too much to ask given the rights issues. :(

But yeah, if the Defenders don't at least cameo in Infinity War, it'll be the biggest missed opportunity of missed opportunities.

Avaitor

I could see Ryan Reynolds show up in a red suit and try to mess around with the heroes in a post-credits scene. But that would be it.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

The only way that we'll ever get any X-Men characters in the MCU is if those movies start to do pretty poorly, and FOX is forced to pull a Sony in order to keep their franchise alive, and even in that situation I'm still doubtful of whether or not FOX would be competent enough to make a move like that.

Dr. Insomniac

Fox is still clutching those Fantastic Four rights despite that franchise being as dead as Bill Cosby's career. The only way they'll hand X-Men characters to the MCU would be if extortion were involved.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

As much as I want to crap on FOX for incompetence, I also have to admit that they've been handling the X-Men franchise really well in recent years. I mean, The Wolverine was a snooze-fest, IMO, but First Class, Days of Future Past, and Deadpool were all excellent, and personally I have faith in Apocalypse to be good with Bryan Singer directing it.

gunswordfist

Foggy didn't really need to know about The Hand. In fact, it seemed like he would have not given a damn. Also, Elektra would have either killed everyone or gotten captured. The former wouldn't have been too bad though. :D
Edit:
Spoiler
I honestly feel like they didn't go far enough with the supernatural stuff which is probably why we kind of got half-assed explanations from probably almost everything extraordinary The Hand did. I guess they are saving the resurrection explanation for Season 3 to surprise Matt with it for when Elektra comes back.

Oh another note, I expected Elektra to start out as a villain (I read somewhere that she was the leader of The Hand in the comics) which is why I got extra excited when she showed up. Once I think about it, I would have still preferred that. Nobu basically being the main villain this season felt kind of flat with how quickly he died last season. I'm not sure I could stomach Elektra returning as a villain after everything that happened between her and Matt in the last few episodes.
[close]
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

I think they're building up the more mystical elements. There's more in season 2 than in 1, but they are there in both. By season 4 I'm guessing it will be all out on the table.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

I hope so. I can't really knock a good setup

Spoiler
I also wonder if Madame Gao is an Iron Fist villain. According to her in season 2, she just went back to Chinatown, but I still think the theory of her coming from K'un Lun could be true.
[close]
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on March 23, 2016, 07:28:55 PM
I hope so. I can't really knock a good setup

Spoiler
I also wonder if Madame Gao is an Iron Fist villain. According to her in season 2, she just went back to Chinatown, but I still think the theory of her coming from K'un Lun could be true.
[close]
Spoiler
It would be an easy cross-over to make since she's the biggest player on the streets currently not dead or in jail.
[close]

Do you guys think Frank will be back in season 3? I don't think they'll be getting to a Punisher show for a while yet since they still have Luke Cage, Iron Fist, JJ season 2, and Defenders to go through.

Foggle

Spoiler
I think Elektra's storyline will continue in season 3 while the Punisher's will continue in his own series, possibly featuring characters from Daredevil in supporting roles.
[close]

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, word is that Netflix REALLY wants a Punisher spin-off series, and it's not like Marvel is opposed to doing it, but with all of the other projects that their TV department is juggling right now, it probably won't happen anytime soon. At the very earliest, it could premiere by late next year, after The Defenders, but even that's quite a stretch.

Spark Of Spirit

Since Bullseye is a major villain for Punisher, too, I figured it would be a good way to meld the two in to a common enemy. If anything, if he isn't going to have a show any time soon, I really hope they consider bringing him back for DD again.