Marvel Live Action

Started by Spark Of Spirit, February 20, 2015, 07:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 29, 2016, 09:30:46 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on March 23, 2016, 07:28:55 PM
I hope so. I can't really knock a good setup

Spoiler
I also wonder if Madame Gao is an Iron Fist villain. According to her in season 2, she just went back to Chinatown, but I still think the theory of her coming from K'un Lun could be true.
[close]
Spoiler
It would be an easy cross-over to make since she's the biggest player on the streets currently not dead or in jail.
[close]

Do you guys think Frank will be back in season 3? I don't think they'll be getting to a Punisher show for a while yet since they still have Luke Cage, Iron Fist, JJ season 2, and Defenders to go through.
Spoiler
You're God damn right! It would be like her to just wait and do something big when the time is right.

I think he'll have his own show before Season 3 but I could be wrong. Either way, I do expect him to be in both.
[close]
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 29, 2016, 11:58:48 PM
Since Bullseye is a major villain for Punisher, too, I figured it would be a good way to meld the two in to a common enemy. If anything, if he isn't going to have a show any time soon, I really hope they consider bringing him back for DD again.
I didn't even know that. I hope Bullseye is amazing in whatever shows he's in. He's top 30 comic book villain for me just from reading him in Deadpool comics.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

I honestly don't think DD season 3 will be airing next year. Since they still need to get through Luke Cage and Iron Fist before The Defenders, they really want to do a Punisher solo series, and (IIRC) they've confirmed that they'll be releasing one season of Marvel Netflix every six months, I have a feeling we won't be seeing much of these characters until late 2017/early 2018. :(

gunswordfist

Whoa...well, if it comes to that, then I'm grateful that they got DD 2 out so early. It was originally supposed to air in 2017 and we got it in slightly less than a year later. I'm greedy and hope they still pull off giving us Luke, Iron Fist, Defenders, JJ S2, Punisher and Daredevil Season 3 by the end of 2017 though.  :light:

Spark Of Spirit

Luke Cage is currently scheduled for September, so it should be out before year's end.

Then next year we have the obvious Iron Fist, JJ season 2, and nothing else currently announced. If that's all we're getting I assume they will still throw in the Defenders at the end of it. That would make up the lack of a DD season 3 to me if they did that.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Peanutbutter

Why do we need both Luke Cage/Iron Fist seasons AND a Defenders season so soon? As much as I think the Luke Cage series should be good, I'm starting think that maybe they should have just had him on Jessica Jones as the co-protagonist and do his stuff later. Marvel is doing way too much at once.

Foggle

They weren't planning on Daredevil or Jessica Jones getting second seasons, so their plans have gotten considerably more complicated.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

They weren't planning on a Punisher spin-off series, either, but now everyone wants it to happen. It looks like lately Marvel's TV department is TOO GOOD for their own good. :sweat:

Spark Of Spirit

When this was first announced it was meant to be four shows with 13 episodes each capping off with Defenders.

Season 2 of DD and JJ wrecked those plans as did them taking their time on nailing a direction for Iron Fist. Not to mention, their production fell a bit behind. Defenders was originally supposed to premiere at the end of 2016. Obviously not happening any more.

Just think of it as a phase like the Marvel movies.

Phase 1:
Daredevil
Jessica Jones
DD season 2
Luke Cage
JJ season 2
Iron Fist
Defenders

Phase 2:
The Punisher
?

And so on. I find it easier to parse out that way.

Also, we need an Iron Fist season soon because he is one of Marvel's most underrated characters and is quite awesome.  ;)
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 30, 2016, 07:13:58 PM
When this was first announced it was meant to be four shows with 13 episodes each capping off with Defenders.

Season 2 of DD and JJ wrecked those plans as did them taking their time on nailing a direction for Iron Fist. Not to mention, their production fell a bit behind. Defenders was originally supposed to premiere at the end of 2016. Obviously not happening any more.

Just think of it as a phase like the Marvel movies.

Phase 1:
Daredevil
Jessica Jones
DD season 2
Luke Cage
JJ season 2
Iron Fist
Defenders

Phase 2:
The Punisher
?

And so on. I find it easier to parse out that way.

Also, we need an Iron Fist season soon because he is one of Marvel's most underrated characters and is quite awesome.  ;)

Man its just crazy. I liked Luke Cage in Jessica Jones and I'm sure Iron Fist should be good, but they should just scrap the Defenders and let some these shows play out some seasons first. This is feeling a bit scattered to me.

Would it be they had a way to shoot two seasons at once or something.

gunswordfist

Screw that. The more, the merrier. Cage just being a co-protagonist would be lame. Cage and Iron Fist are overdue for shows.

Spark Of Spirit

Not to mention, they are all run by separate teams. The Daredevil team would just be sitting around twiddling their thumbs if season 2 wasn't greenlit. Or worse, they would move on to new projects (like DeKnight did) and a potential season 2 would be a major letdown without them.

Oh, and after two seasons or so I wouldn't mind a "Luke Cage & Iron Fist" show to take over from their individual ones.  :D

Peanutbutter

Quote from: gunswordfist on March 31, 2016, 04:16:47 PM
Screw that. The more, the merrier. Cage just being a co-protagonist would be lame. Cage and Iron Fist are overdue for shows.

Problem is that half of them have to have longer hiatuses.

gunswordfist

How so? They have separate teams and we got Daredevil Season 2 in less than 1 year. Even with Daredevil, its Season 3 will probably be out shortly after its previous season 2 date, which was 2017.

Dr. Insomniac

Anyone else call Fisk's new prison friend Black Wesley? And anybody waiting for Fisk to say "Thank you, Black Wesley" to him?

Spark Of Spirit

Defenders shoots at the end of the year.

So yeah, there's the reason they didn't announce DD season 3 yet. This means Iron Fist and JJ season 2 will be the Marvel shows for 2017 leading up to Defenders.