Marvel Live Action

Started by Spark Of Spirit, February 20, 2015, 07:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Neat article on the TV universe. It lists out all the shows and their current status.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

Spark Of Spirit

Cool. Though I guess this means he won't be in DD season 3, which is a shame.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

I'm happy, but at the same time, I don't want Marvel's TV division swamped.

I'm starting to think that it would be for the best if they just dropped the Defenders and just continued to let their other series do their own things.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Peanutbutter

Bernthal was superb. He just looked and even sounded like the Punisher. I don't know who they'll have as the main villain unless they do Jigsaw, but its bound to be awesome.

Quote from: Avaitor on April 29, 2016, 10:39:27 AM
I'm happy, but at the same time, I don't want Marvel's TV division swamped.

I'm starting to think that it would be for the best if they just dropped the Defenders and just continued to let their other series do their own things.

That's exactly what I was arguing earlier in this thread. Let both Luke Cage and Iron Fist's series have room to breathe, we do not need a Defenders series out that quickly.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I wouldn't mind if we got a few more seasons of each series first, with crossover episodes taking place between each of them to still take advantage of the shared Universe. Then The Defenders could be released as a big event mini-series.

Dr. Insomniac

I'm still waiting for Marvel to throw a bone and have at least one of the Defenders cameo in a Marvel film, even if the tones would clash so hard.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I don't care how, but I want to eventually see at least one scene in which The Punisher converses with Howard the Duck just for the sake of acknowledging that they exist within the same continuity. Fuck tonal clashes.

gunswordfist

I just want to see Barracuda in live action.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Peanutbutter

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

It's a shame to hear considering how good it was, but at least it had a pretty satisfying ending, all things considered.

I'm just more baffled that AOS is still going, though.

Avaitor

AOS is sticking around because it's going to hit syndication numbers. If a series can make it to a third season, it's usually safe for at least one or two more for that reason, especially if it's owned by the network. But I really do doubt that the show will do anything in syndication.

It sucks about Agent Carter being over, though. But this is also something that I've been expecting for a while, since not only has it never done too well in the ratings, but Hayley Atwell has her new show now. Ah well.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

GregX

So Chloe Bennet just bit the hand that fed her: http://io9.gizmodo.com/agents-of-shield-star-says-marvel-doesnt-care-enough-ab-1777057136

Also, AoS is being moved to 10pm next season. Otherwise known as the "Death Slot". ABC cancelled Agent Carter (I loved it, but the ratings just weren't there), and they rejected that Marvel's Most Wanted AoS spin-off and considering AoS's very mediocre and dropping ratings, I can't blame them. So yeah, a fourth season in the death slot to bleed off their episode order and it's done.

And don't count on any of these characters making their way to the big screen. After the Feige/Perlmutter split. AoS might as well kill off it's cast during the final season. The Inhumans movie is dead already.

In my mind, Agent Coulson is still very much dead. And Chloe Bennet's recent comments reveal someone who was killing time until she got a promotion to the movies... a promotion she probably thought was coming with the Inhumans movie, and now she's bitter because she realizes it's not.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

This is some of the best news that I've heard all year. I'm glad that the MCU is throwing this show under the bus.

GregX