Marvel Live Action

Started by Spark Of Spirit, February 20, 2015, 07:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Iron Fist is already confirmed to be releasing in March next year. We'll most likely be getting The Defenders in the Fall season if Marvel follows suit with how they've handled the release schedule of the Netflix series' so far.

Peanutbutter

Still think its a bad idea to rush out Defenders so fast at the expense of Daredevil's third season or Jessica Jones' second.

Foggle

Quote from: Peanutbutter on October 11, 2016, 10:05:09 PM
Still think its a bad idea to rush out Defenders so fast at the expense of Daredevil's third season or Jessica Jones' second.
I think the cliffhangers at the end of DD season 2 and JJ will be resolved in The Defenders. Everything is building up to that crossover, even more so than the Phase 1 films were.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on October 11, 2016, 11:07:52 PM
Quote from: Peanutbutter on October 11, 2016, 10:05:09 PM
I think the cliffhangers at the end of DD season 2 and JJ will be resolved in The Defenders. Everything is building up to that crossover, even more so than the Phase 1 films were.
The end of Luke Cage, too.

I wouldn't be surprised if the end of Iron Fist does the same thing.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

Another day, another 500 tweets and articles over how a white guy playing Iron Fist is the worst thing to happen to Asians since Nanking. Jesus, I almost want Marvel to recast him so everybody can shut the fuck up about it. I hate how every Marvel or Disney thing is now surrounded by so much debacle over racial politics, like casting one white guy in a Mulan movie or Luke Cage's actor having a white wife is a bigger travesty than the Syrian refugee crisis.

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on October 12, 2016, 01:53:10 PM
Another day, another 500 tweets and articles over how a white guy playing Iron Fist is the worst thing to happen to Asians since Nanking. Jesus, I almost want Marvel to recast him so everybody can shut the fuck up about it. I hate how every Marvel or Disney thing is now surrounded by so much debacle over racial politics, like casting one white guy in a Mulan movie or Luke Cage's actor having a white wife is a bigger travesty than the Syrian refugee crisis.

Its really stupid because having Iron Fist played by an Asian plays into the "Asians all know Karate and Kung Fu". They're just nitwits looking for something to be offended by.

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on October 12, 2016, 01:53:10 PM
Luke Cage's actor having a white wife is a bigger travesty than the Syrian refugee crisis.
This is the one that gets me. I saw a surprising amount of people talking about how the show and its creators can't be pro-black because Mike Colter's wife is white. Complete nonsense.

I hadn't seen anyone complain about Iron Fist before you pointed it out, but I haven't really been looking either. A simple Google search of his name, though... :-\

Spark Of Spirit

There's always something to whine about.

Marvel hasn't flubbed with a single casting decision for these shows yet. I have no reason to believe they did here, and the trailer only solidifies that they did right again.

In other news, Daredevil is finally coming to Blu-Ray this November. I'm not sure how many of these shows I'll double dip on, but Daredevil is a no-brainer.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

I will probably buy all of them. :el_cry:

gunswordfist

They better leave Mike alone.  >:(
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

I do think Tilda Swinton was a bad call for The Ancient One, but if I had my choice, the character wouldn't have been used for the movie at all.

And it doesn't look like there will be any bonus features on the Blu, which would be my main incentive to buy it. But I have been wanting to collect the non-AOS Marvel shows, anyway.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Ugh, her casting is even worse than I thought then.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Insomniac

So Legion's first episode was mesmerizing. Very interested where Noah Hawley will go with this.

Spark Of Spirit

Dr. Insomniac

Thinking about it, Legion's premiere felt more experimental than those of the Netflix Marvel show's. Definitely more camera tricks and effects used, that's for sure. All the shots where Legion uses his powers are cool to see. A lot of scenes to slowly confuse you and make you think this is all just magic realism, all in a crazy guy's head who just happens to be more articulate than other crazies, and then boom. You're reminded this is X-Men.

I heard when Noah Hawley was asked to do an X-Men show, he was given the choice of doing either Legion or the Hellfire Club. Wonder what the latter would've been like. And I am interested as to how this connects to the X-Men films, because producer comments have been ambiguous as to whether they're connected or not.