Marvel Live Action

Started by Spark Of Spirit, February 20, 2015, 07:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

I'm mostly starting this thread for the upcoming Netflix series of Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist. And eventually The Defenders as well. But you can discuss any Marvel live action here you want.

If you want to talk Agents of Shield or Agent Carter, go ahead, but I'd rather keep discussion of those shows to their respective threads.

So, in current news, I just saw the trailer for Daredevil and I thought it looked pretty good, though it is Iron Fist I'm most looking forward to. I've wanted live action Iron Fist for a long time now.

UPDATE: Full list of MCU series suitable for discussion in the thread

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Agent Carter
Daredevil
Jessica Jones
Luke Cage
Iron Fist
The Defenders
Damage Control
Cloak & Dagger
Most Wanted
The Punisher

All are series either currently being made, in development, or rumored. This is the topic for any of them.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yeah, after Agent Carter, I've had some of my faith restored in Marvel's television branch, so I'm looking forward to the Netflix shows. Hopefully the Daredevil series can make up for that shitty Ben Affleck movie.

gunswordfist

i did not know dd, iron fist or luke cage (and his wife) were getting series! that is awesome.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

After Agent Carter I'm willing to give it a chance, especially since Netflix is pushing them and their track record has been pretty good.

Also, the showrunners are quite interesting:

QuoteExecutive Produced by series Showrunner Steven S. DeKnight ("Spartacus," "Buffy: The Vampire Slayer," "Angel") and Drew Goddard ("Cabin in the Woods," "Lost," "Buffy The Vampire Slayer," in addition to writing the first two episodes of "Marvel's Daredevil"), along with Marvel TV's Jeph Loeb ("Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," "Marvel's Agent Carter," "Lost")
If you haven't seen the trailer, I recommend it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I saw the trailer a couple of weeks ago. It looks decent, but it's still too early for me to tell how good the quality will be when the finished product comes out.

Avaitor

Agent Carter excels from a relative lack of involvement from Loeb. If his finger prints are still here, I dunno.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

gunswordfist

Damn, didn't expect that. Will watch it soon.

Spark Of Spirit

Of course it's very easy to mess up, but I think they've got this. They've nailed the look, feel, themes, and style of Daredevil in just this trailer. The usage of blood and water are very effective for the Catholic themes they're going for, too (of course I'm biased there  ;)), but so is just about everything else. I'm also liking how they'll be exploring good vs. evil, as well, ("Just because the other man's evil, doesn't make you good.") and the way they're portraying the Kingpin as a man who lost the line between good and evil.

Short of a screw up, I'm really liking where this is going so far.

gunswordfist

"Just because the other man's evil, doesn't make you good." Yes, I love that line. I've recently became a Daredevil fun so I'm excited after just seeing this trailer. I'll have to dust off the old Netflix for this next month. I've never watched an exclusive series on it before.

gunswordfist

Spark Of Spirit

A reminder that Daredevil is being put up on Netflix on Friday and early buzz is very positive.

Sort of makes up for DC being repeats this week.

Also, Trailer 2 and Trailer 3 have been released.

gunswordfist

I didn't put 2 and 2 together about it being on this Friday. Whoa, I've been waiting for this to come!!!

Avaitor

I'm still trying to decide if we should just talk about Daredevil here, or if I should make its own thread.

And apparently, ABC is working on an Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. spin-off. There's no word on what this will be about, or if it'll replace Agent Carter (hell, AOS hasn't even been officially renewed), but saying that it's an AOS spin-off rather than a MCU spin-off opens possibilities up to that area.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

GregX

Quote from: Avaitor on April 09, 2015, 03:54:15 PMAnd apparently, ABC is working on an Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. spin-off. There's no word on what this will be about, or if it'll replace Agent Carter (hell, AOS hasn't even been officially renewed), but saying that it's an AOS spin-off rather than a MCU spin-off opens possibilities up to that area.

How about we make the spin-off a reality show where a SWAT team travels the country, kicking in the doors of people who still watch this vile, repulsive, piece of shit, and put bullets in their brains.