Marvel Live Action

Started by Spark Of Spirit, February 20, 2015, 07:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

So the AOS spin-off is very likely going to be about Mockingbird.

I won't lie, I haven't got to the second season yet, but its fans tend to be people who think the show pulled a 180 with the post-Winter Soldier season 1 episodes (spoiler alert: it did not). As a result, I haven't seen Palicki's take on Bobbi. But I do wonder if this means that Hawkeye will appear on the show, and if so, how long will it take until all they do is bicker?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

People keep saying season 2 was a major turnaround for the show, but as you said, people were also hyping the second half of season 1 which really wasn't an improvement from what I saw.

That said, Marvel needs to keep the quality up and they can't do that if something like AoS is tarnishing their brand. Especially considering that it's their obvious weak link.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I watched as far as the season two premiere of AOS, and it was still just as much of a POS as when it first started, IMO. That's not even me being harsh. I'm fairly easy to entertain, as evidenced by how much I enjoy The Flash despite it being a bit too formulaic and far from perfect. The problem with AOS was never truly story-related. It was always about characters. None of them besides Phil Coulson are the least bit likable, and even Phil has completely ceased to be interesting in the show. So, when the big Hydra story-line hit, I couldn't care less because I wasn't invested in any of the characters. In fact, I specifically made a post about how Ward's heel turn was essentially a complete waste since the character barely felt any different despite switching sides, and he had absolutely no interesting character arc to go through. It was just "Hi guys, I've actually been evil this whole time, but it's not like you could ever tell thanks to my monotonous acting ability and complete lack of nuanced range."

So, forgive me when I refuse to believe the same people who said that AOS got good in the back half of the first season claim the same thing about the second one. If they can enjoy it, then that's good for them. I just can't bring myself to watch any more of it, though, so I won't.

Avaitor

Well in actual good Marvel news, we're getting a second season of Daredevil sooner than we thought!

I got to watch the next couple of episodes earlier today, and while it isn't really a show that you can marathon, it's a good one, alright. I am liking Kingpin so far, as his date was a welcome change of pace and a great introduction to the character. I can't wait to see what's next for him.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Peanutbutter

Spark Of Spirit

Excellent news!

Quote"Marvel's A.K.A. Jessica Jones" comes only to Netflix later this year and "Marvel's Luke Cage" premieres on the streaming service in 2016. Future series exclusively debuting on Netflix include "Marvel's Iron Fist" and "Marvel's Defenders," a mini-series event that reimagines a team of self-sacrificing, heroic characters.
I'm guessing it will premiere after the Defenders event, but I can't say enough about this good news. I'm excited!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Avaitor

Hmm, but we are losing Steven S. DeKnight for this season. I'm not sure if that's a good sign, but the talent chosen to follow up as producers look promising enough.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

"The Coulson thing was, I think, a little anomalous just because that really came from the television division, which is sort of considered to be its own subsection of the Marvel universe. As far as the fiction of the movies, Coulson is dead." ~ Joss Whedon

Foggle

He means the network shows, I assume. Daredevil is definitely canon to the films and I'm pretty sure Feige said something about wanting The Defenders to potentially appear in Infinity War.

I have no problem with this.

Spark Of Spirit

I think he specifically means Agents of Shield. Nothing in Agent Carter can really be considered non-canonical.

Foggle

Agents of S.H.I.T.E. deserves to be non-canon tbh.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

That quote just made my day. I never considered AOS to be canon, anyways.

As for Agent Carter, being set in the past makes it work with continuity either way.

Daredevil also seems like its part of the MCU.

Spark Of Spirit

The Netflix shows certainly are since they're planning to have the Defenders show up in Infinity War.

But, Coulson? I doubt he'll ever show up in the films ever again.

Peanutbutter

So even Whedon now realizes how much his brother screwed up I take it?