Marvel Live Action

Started by Spark Of Spirit, February 20, 2015, 07:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GregX

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 23, 2015, 01:46:17 PM
"The Coulson thing was, I think, a little anomalous just because that really came from the television division, which is sort of considered to be its own subsection of the Marvel universe. As far as the fiction of the movies, Coulson is dead." ~ Joss Whedon

JOYGASM!!!!

:shakeshakeshake: :shakeshakeshake: :shakeshakeshake:

gunswordfist

Just finished the episode. So far, a decent start. And of course everyone and there grandma knows that was Vincent D'Onofrio on the phone. That's one of the most recognizable voices on tv.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Also, it was so good to hear the Avengers (the movies' events) get referenced.

Avaitor

"I was a mean three-point shooter on my high school basketball team. I like the long shots."
"This isn't a game, Karen."

I really am enjoying Daredevil, but damn if it doesn't have some dumbass dialogue. Some of the cheesier moments are highlighted by the show's upped violence, which makes them stand out in comparison to the movies. Another moment that comes to mind is the previous episode's "You and I have a lot in common"/"I'm nothing like you!" montage between DD and Kingpin.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Just finished watching episode 2 of Daredevil. Decent episode outside of too much Foggy and the clumsy fight at the end.

Foggle

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I liked the fight at the end because it felt realistic. Matt Murdock isn't skilled enough at this point, so his fighting style is supposed to be imperfect and full of mistakes. That combined with the stationary camera (as opposed to terrible shaky-cam) made it feel much more intense.

Spark Of Spirit

Not to mention the fact that he was half-dead and missing a lot of blood which was supposed to parallel with his father marching to his death because it was the right thing to do.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

I forgot to mention that I was so surprised to see Rosario Dawson.

And the fact that Daredevil had his super smell for once. I was geeking out at that. :swoon:

gunswordfist

Ah, Fisk and Ben Urich in one episode. Beautiful. :'(

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on April 30, 2015, 01:38:16 AM
Ah, Fisk and Ben Urich in one episode. Beautiful. :'(
If it's the one I'm thinking of, that was a pretty powerful episode.

The more I think about this show the more I want to re-watch it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Peanutbutter

Got some good news and some bad news for you guys.

The bad news is.....Agents of Shield got renewed again.  :bleh:

The good news is.....so did Agent Carter!!!  :shakeshakeshake: :shakeshakeshake: :shakeshakeshake: :shakeshakeshake: :shakeshakeshake: :shakeshakeshake: :shakeshakeshake: :shakeshakeshake:

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/05/agent-carter-renewed.html

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

It's only good news then. Because Joss Whedon already confirmed that, for all intents and purposes, AOS doesn't actually exist, and thus we can all go on enjoying AC and ignoring AOS.

Spark Of Spirit

AoS was on the bubble. They have a lot to prove next season.

Agent Carter is good news, though. Any word if it's another mini-series event? I liked how packed the first season was because of it and I'd kind of like more like that.

Avaitor

No real word yet, but it seems likely that we're getting another 8 episodes. The first season wasn't successful enough to merit a big enough order for more.

I'm not too surprised that AOS was renewed, either. The show is hardly a big hit, but it serves enough synergy purpose to stick around until ABC can come up with a better longer form Marvel or Star Wars show to replace it.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/