Marvel Live Action

Started by Spark Of Spirit, February 20, 2015, 07:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

The Mockingbird spin-off isn't happening.

That's not really surprising, since there was no mention of it during ABC's press release, but this is about as official of a clarification as we can get. Although the other ABC Marvel show could still happen...
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Watched episode 4 of DareDevil...well that was, brutal. Also, what a good car door that was.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

The darker and more violent nature of Daredevil (an advantage of being a Netflix series) gives me hope that maybe one day we could see something like a new Blade series in the MCU. And yes, I know that a Blade TV series actually existed and ran for one season, so nobody has to bring it up. I just want to see an actual well-written R-rated comic book adaptation again.

I know that I'm in the minority on that opinion, but the thought of something like  this happening to an AOS character or something along those lines is just too much fun.

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on May 22, 2015, 07:08:36 PM
I just want to see an actual well-written R-rated comic book adaptation again.
Deadpool! Also, Kingsman and Snowpiercer if we aren't just talking about superhero comics.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, I still haven't seen Kingsman, yet, and I'm excited for Deadpool but can't be sure if it'll be good or not until the movie actually comes out, but Snowpiercer is definitely really good.

gunswordfist

I finished watched episode 5. Things are heating up and whoa, DD actually has his radar sense!

gunswordfist

I watched episodes 6, 7 and 8 over the last few days. Episode 6 was pretty bleak and I loved it. Episode 7...whoa, I did not expect to ever see a present day Stick. I loved seeing more backstory on Matt. And the fight at the end was so incredible. Episode 8 - within 2 minutes of seeing Bill Fisk, I hated the guy. What a piece of shit.

Spark Of Spirit

Contrasted with Jack Murdock, there isn't much competition over who was the better dad.

Though the Kingpin's obsession with the painting makes much more sense after you see why it appeals to him.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

I have finished episode 9. I love the moral conflict going on. It was a surprise (well kind of, thanks Netflix picture) to see where Matt first meets Fisk. Elena gets killed and Matt meets Fisk and Wesley again and they actually fight. I really didn't see that coming. Also, looks like DD has taken his first life. That was really shocking. And of course so was Foggy unmasking him at the end.

gunswordfist

Aaaand I just finished episode number 10. Foggy's acting is a whole lot better when he's serious/angry, strange enough and this episode made me like him a whole lot more..strange enough. I love the Elektra hint drop when they said Matt was trying to get with a Greek girl. Weird enough, I wouldn't have picked up on that if it wasn't for the movie, probably. Poor Urichs. That was just sad to see. And everything with the Fisks at the end was shocking and surprising. This was really one of my favorite episode if not my favorite so far and there was little action in it.

Spark Of Spirit

I honestly like every character in the show. They did a remarkable job of adding layers to everybody. I wasn't the most knowledgeable on Daredevil before, but I'm definitely planning on changing that eventually.

As for what's next in the show, I think the ending to episode 11 (IIRC) will probably surprise you a great deal.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Dammit, sentences like your last one is why I was completely ignoring every post in this thread since I started the show. :D Sorry, I'm extra spoiler squeamish, even to the point where it doesn't even make sense.

I just know what I do from the handful of comics I've read...the movie and well that's mostly it.

Also, Leland is making me crack up. "Someone can't hold their liquor". Just typing that makes me crack up. I hope he doesn't get shot.

gunswordfist

Episode 11...yea, that ending was shocking. :o

gunswordfist

An hour or two ago tonight I finished episode 12 of Daredevil.  :cry: He was supposed to meet Spider-Man. Besides that, whoa, so the obvious back stab was so obvious that I completely did not expect it. I can't complain. One more episode left.

Dr. Insomniac

First impressions be damned, I watched the last four episodes of Daredevil in a row today and loved it. I really want to see Marvel invest more in this format than the movies, actually.