Marvel Live Action

Started by Spark Of Spirit, February 20, 2015, 07:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

I wasn't sure. I just remember ramblings of a sequel to War Zone being a Barracuda movie. I would have preferred that since I love Barracuda and like Warzone.

And yeah, Blade without Wesley would be hard to see. When they say an actor is a character, he's probably at the top of my list with Blade.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

It's interesting how Fisk hates seeing his name dragged through the mud as much as his father did. So much so that he had the freaking internet scrubbed of anything bad about him.

Spark Of Spirit

The Punisher will be in season 2 of Daredevil!

This is a perfect fit both for the themes of the show and for the character himself. I also much prefer Frank Castle when he works with someone else.

Can't wait for this!

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

That should certainly be interesting. I wonder if it means the show will get to Punisher Max levels of blood and gore and violence in Season 2.

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 09, 2015, 05:00:37 PM
The Punisher will be in season 2 of Daredevil!

This is a perfect fit both for the themes of the show and for the character himself. I also much prefer Frank Castle when he works with someone else.

Can't wait for this!

HOLY CRAP THAT'S AWESOME!!!!  :swoon:

Please let this be the beginning of a Punisher spin-off. A Punisher series done like Daredevil would be amazing.

gunswordfist

Spark Of Spirit

I love it when actors familiarize themselves with the source material. That probably contributes to why Charlie Cox was so good as Daredevil.

As I said before, just look at the early trailers for Daredevil and imagine Frank Castle in there. He fits perfectly. Though I do heavily anticipate the moral battles between the two more than anything.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

They'll probably start out as enemies and then end up becoming allies by the middle of the season, with the obvious clash between them initially being their stances on killing.

Spark Of Spirit

Pretty cool.

I do wonder what else season 2 will have. I'm thinking they'll save Elektra, Bullseye, and The Hand for season 3 at this rate, but focus instead on what the rise of a hero like Daredevil would entail in Hell's Kitchen and the power vacuum the Kingpin left. Or maybe Fisk still pushes things from behind bars. I'd guess Tombstone, Ikari, The Owl, and Typhoid Mary, are obvious candidates for immediate threat level villains all working from different places.

Either way, I'm excited.

gunswordfist

The Owl? He's kind of dead, unless you mean Leland's son. I have a theory that he'll have the same name as his father and try to kill Kingpin in jail (did I already say this?) I don't know about if whatever powers The Owl has will carry over into the show though. The Hand established a foothold with whatever property that acquired in Hell's Kitchen (namely Elena's apartment complex) so I'm 100% convinced that they'll be in season 2. It seems a bit early for Elektra and Bullseye but then again time will probably pass a lot in between both seasons so maybe it won't feel rushed. It's probably just me though.

Spark Of Spirit

I assume Leland's son will become The Owl to try and crush Fisk for what he did to his father. Tombstone would obviously fill in the void left by the crime lords and the other two are just obvious street level threats that would threaten Daredevil more directly. Honestly, I don't see any other Daredevil villains outside The Hand and these really fitting into the tone of this show, and The Hand could very well still be involved sending assassins like Ikari after him.

Elektra and Bullseye make a lot of sense, but they're a bit too important to Daredevil to be on the sidelines this soon into the game. Though I guess they can be introduced, yet more as side/background characters for now.

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 10, 2015, 06:46:31 PM
Elektra and Bullseye make a lot of sense, but they're a bit too important to Daredevil to be on the sidelines this soon into the game. Though I guess they can be introduced, yet more as side/background characters for now.
I have a feeling both of them will pop up next season in minor roles and then return as major characters for season 3. I also think they might end up making a new Punisher movie (or series) if his character is well-received in season 2.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

A series is more likely since Marvel tends to keep its movies more family-friendly, whereas they can get away with darker story-lines and a bit more violence on Netflix.

Foggle

Something that puzzled me recently is that Marvel apparently said they want their Netflix shows to remain somewhat family-friendly, like "hard PG-13 instead of R." Now, I don't know if it's just me, but I'm not sure what planet you'd have to be on to consider Daredevil a PG-13 series...

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, maybe I've just watched too much Game of Thrones (and HBO shows in general), but the violence in Daredevil seemed fairly tame to me. There was blood and on-screen deaths, but more often than not the violence was implied rather than shown in full force (such as with the notorious car door scene).

The real maturity of DD came from its themes rather than its violence, IMO.

I'd also like to point out that the way movies and TV are rated these days are complete BS, IMO. This video does an excellent job of explaining it: https://youtu.be/O-NeJRrgoTY