Marvel Live Action

Started by Spark Of Spirit, February 20, 2015, 07:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

QuoteYou could technically do that with Iron Fist - he could mention his chi and shit a couple of times, but you don't have his hand glow

I stopped reading after this. If his hands don't glow, I don't watch. seriously.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

It's easy to take for granted how tough it is to translate something as out there as superhero comics to a medium of movies or television and actually make it good, especially since Marvel has been doing that for years, now.

But make no mistake, making films is hard work, and most of what you actually end up seeing in the final product vastly differs from the original concepts that were initially pitched. Iron Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Daredevil didn't just happen overnight and turn out good simply because Marvel wanted them to. Those took a lot of planning and effort. So I can understand perfectly fine how Marvel has to take its time with Iron Fist.

gunswordfist

QuoteNews is coming out that Punisher could get his own stand-alone series now. Netflix Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos revealed "Some [shows] will selectively have multiple seasons as they come out of the gate."

gunswordfist

Spark Of Spirit

Jessica Jones trailer.

November 20th. Looks like it's making 2015 after all.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daikun

Spark Of Spirit

It definitely looks like a good followup to Daredevil. I'm glad it made 2015.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Ah, less than a month away. Jeez Marvel, why so awesome?

gunswordfist

When's the exact time that Jessica Jones is released?

Anyway, my expectations are low but I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel blew me away again. I want to get some snacks for this.

Spark Of Spirit

I honestly can't remember when Daredevil was put up, but it was a bit of a wait.

Still, I'm hoping for the best from this.

Avaitor

Netflix's shows usually come out at 3 am eastern time, since they're based in the west coast. At the same time though, they did put the latest season of OITNB up at 9 pm in the summer, so who knows.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Well, I'll probably be late today watching it so it'll probably not matter. :D

GregX

So, let's see, what's the tally now?

Agents of SHIELD: Complete and total crap.
Agent Carter: Terrific.
Daredevil: Awesome
Jessica Jones: Tragically beautiful... maybe I'm being premature, I'm only two episodes in, but it hooked me.

I'm no mathematician, but I think this averages out to Marvel's TV department being very good at what they do. Now, if only their animation department would follow suit.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Glad to see that you enjoyed Daredevil after all. Simlar to me, it looked like the first couple of episodes hadn't really grabbed you. I ended up really getting hooked on the show by the episode five cliffhanger, myself.

I really wish that I could start Jessica Jones today, but I'll have to hold off until after Thanksgiving for reasons and shit.

Looking at their output so far, AOS sticks out like a sore thumb. When I found out that none of the movie department people had any involvement with it, and that Kevin Feige personally oversaw the production of Agent Carter, it all suddenly made perfect sense. Agent Carter and Daredevil were run by talented people. AOS is run by ABC and hacks. No wonder the movie department has disowned it.

Foggle

Checked out the first episode of Jessica Jones. It was really good! I liked the Daredevil premiere more than most, but this was a much better series opener. The writing and acting were both great, but the soundtrack and cinematography were the clear standouts IMO. Excellent jazzy score and fantastic usage of color/camera movement. Can't wait to watch the second one tomorrow! :joy: