The Greatest Live-Action Movie Ever Tournament

Started by LumRanmaYasha, March 13, 2015, 06:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

12 Angry Men is so good. It's amazing how much they did in that movie with such a small cast.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

The Dirty Dozen is also a great movie which I recently re-watched and it holds up extremely well. It's a shame that I seem to be the only one who thinks so highly of it, though. It's  one of my 20 favorite movies and already in danger of being knocked out in the first match of the first round.

I just love ensemble movies where the cast has such great chemistry with each other. I love 12 Angry Men as well, and IMO TDD's cast is on par with that movie, which is saying a lot, but it's true.

I suppose I can't complain about what goes through from this match since all of them are great movies. I can, however, blame CX for putting them all in the same match so early on, though. :>

gunswordfist

He's going to use that fucking "random generator" excuse again. :bleh:

Anyway, I'm going to be watching at least two of these movies tonight and then vote.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

The generator does what it does, GSF. ::)

I dunno if I'll be able to vote on these matches at this point, since the only movie I've seen in either of these is 12 Angry Men. I'm going to try and find and watch the other three in the first match tonight so I can vote on it before I move us along, though.

gunswordfist

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Three movies in one night? Damn! I feel like you'd be burned out by the time that you got to the third movie.

gunswordfist

gunswordfist

I viewed 12 Angry Men earlier. After I watch The Name Of The Rose early today, I'll vote.

gunswordfist

Unbelievable..of course this movie is over two hours. *sighs*

gunswordfist

The Dirty Dozen
12 Angry Men
Blade Runner
The Name Of The Rose

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on March 20, 2015, 02:42:57 PM
Unbelievable..of course this movie is over two hours. *sighs*
You're going to love my selections then. :sly:

Although honestly, you can remove my nominations from the tournament if you want. I will probably not be able to participate much, if at all.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

It seems a bit too late to pull any nominations. Besides, you nominated some great movies. Even if you don't vote, yourself, it's worth sticking around to see how far your choices make it. ;)

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Hey, CX, it's been a week.

Hey, CX, start the next round already.

Hey, CX, isn't it annoying to be pestered to get this thing moving when you're probably more preoccupied with more important stuff?

Hey, CX, does this remind you of anything? :>

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

Yeah, so, I wasn't able to watch any of the movies after all. I'll just have to try better with these next set of matches. Anyway, here are the results:

Match 1:

The Name of the Rose - 8
The Dirty Dozen - 11
Blade Runner: Director's Cut - 8
12 Angry Men - 13

Match 2:

Almost Famous - 1
North by Northwest - 2
Moonrise Kingdom - 3
Notorious - 4

Both of the twleve-men movies as well as Notorious and Moonrise Kingdom move on to round 2.   

Round 1: Match 3

Raiders of the Lost Ark

VS.

The Philadelphia Story

VS.

The Tree of Life

VS.

Cemetery Man

Round 1: Match 4

Dr. Strangelove (or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb)

VS.

Blue Velvet

VS.

The 400 Blows

VS.

The Night of the Hunter