Things That Bother You About Moving Pictures

Started by gunswordfist, March 25, 2015, 05:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Lost World is probably the better film. For one, I've met people who actually liked it. Can't say the same for 3.

gunswordfist

I think I heard even one person say they like it more the the first. The III? Nothing even close to that.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

talonmalon333

III also seems to have worse special effects. Or maybe not. It might just be that it uses more CGI and less animatronics than the first two movies. The first Jurassic Park did an utterly fantastic job at using CGI, and I think it hasn't been beaten to this day.

gunswordfist

I'm still in awe at that movies CG. How the hell was it so good?

talonmalon333

Through careful usage. When you see a T-Rex standing out in the middle of the night, with rain pouring down, you can't really notice the technical limitations of it, especially since it's mixed with shots of animatronics. But when you see the same dinosaur out in broad daylight, in a big fight with a Spinosaurus in III, you can see that it's just CG.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Once again, GBF explains it very well: https://youtu.be/34yKiPq0kCs

I would totally watch a movie called "Karate Turnip," BTW.

gunswordfist

Avaitor

Yes, they really are out of ideas.

This one hurts. The original is perfect as is. There's nothing that a new version can do to support it.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Honestly, the only two of these abundant Disney reboots that I'm "somewhat" interested in are The Sword in the Stone and The Jungle Book. The former because I like the book and animated movie and feel that the story of King Arthur's childhood has some true potential for a great modern children's fantasy movie. The latter because it's being directed by John Favreau (Elf, Zathura, Iron Man), and most of the the people who saw the exclusive test footage at D23 swear that it looked absolutely amazing (with very minimal reliance on CG), and that based on what Favreau said at that panel he's planning to take the movie in a very intriguing and creative direction. Furthermore, if you've ever seen Elf or Zathura, you'd know that Favreau knows how to make a good kid's movie.

All of the other numerous Disney reboots planned either sound pointless or atrociously bad (mostly both). Mary Poppins is already a timeless film. There is absolutely no need to update it.

gunswordfist

Dr. Insomniac

I need a version of E.T. where E.T. calls out Elliot for being a cis white boy now.

Spark Of Spirit

Has anyone seen the Hobbit re-cut, "There and Back Again, A Hobbit's Tale"? It apparently edits the three movies down to a single three hour and ten minute film. I've been interested in seeing it.

Because, obviously, I thought it could have used some heavy duty editing.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

That sounds interesting. It must have cut out 75% of the third movie.

Spark Of Spirit

I assume almost all of the non-book stuff is cut which means, yeah, the third movie is probably nearly gutted. Hopefully the more ridiculous fights are, anyway.