Wrestling (WWE, etc.)

Started by talonmalon333, March 28, 2015, 04:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

The TLC match between the Hardy Boys, Edge & Christian, and the Dudley Boys was probably my favorite match ever.

I haven't kept up with wrestling ever since WCW and ECW both bit the dust, though.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

ECW got cancelled long after WCW, though. I think it lasted until 2007 or 2008, or somewhere around there. Of course, the quality massively declined when it went under the ownership of the WWE, and you could tell how little they gave a shit about it.

Spark Of Spirit

I tapered off around when WCW was dying due to the horrible writing near the end and pretty much lost interest when it was over and with it the rivalry. ECW at the time was near impossible for me to watch being on a then-obscure channel so my interest in wrestling faded.

I watch an episode every now and then but I miss the rivalries between the different companies.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

I wanted to comment on WrestleMania last night. But it was nearly 12:00 AM where I live, and I needed to get up early today, so I decided to hold off. Basically, the show was awesome, especially the way it ended. Most of the matches went the way I had hoped. I watched it with a bunch of my friends and it was a great time.

Fatal 4-Way: was probably the match I cared about least, but I can't complain about the results.

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal: Oh great, Big Show won. I mean, I get it. He's probably going to be retiring within the next few years, and this will likely be his last big achievement. But still, he's really just a big guy who pushes people out of the ring. He's not good at selling. I was really cheering for Mizdow to win at the end as he's had a great arc, and there were parts where it seemed he'd win. But I figured he really didn't have a chance.

Ladder Match: Yes! I was pushing for Daniel Bryan all the way, and he won. I did have a feeling he wouldn't win, but I hoped he would.

Orton vs Rollins: I was pulling for Seth, but Randy Orton is also great. And this was such a good match, especially the ending, so I can't complain.

Triple H vs Sting: The appearances of the NWO and everyone else became ridiculous as it went on, but it was a lot of fun so I don't care much. Fun match even though I hoped Sting would win.

AJ Lee and Paige vs the Bella Twins: Nikki is a good heel but I'd call Paige and AJ the best divas, though the constant shots of AJ laying unconscious out of the ring were utterly hilarious. I've been cheering for the two of them for a while now so it was great to finally see them truly beat the Bella Twins. Now we see where this feud will go next.

Cena vs Rusev: I've made it clear that I'm a Rusev fan. His entrance last night was especially awesome. But I figured Cena would win. Rusev's ownership of the belt was fun while it lasted. Now it's owned by the boring fan favorite. Lana came back at Rusev's side and the moment where she got hit was a real shocker. But she sold it like a champ (a few of my friends made jokes that she sold it better than any of the falls Reigns took in the final match).

Undertaker vs Wyatt: The fight I was most looking forward to. I was a bit disappointed when I realized that the match between these two guys would take place before night. But they made it work (Wyatt's scarecrows were too good). Wyatt is great but the Undertaker is an all time favorite of mine and, well, everyone really. I'm glad he won. It would have been a real disappointment for him to return and go 21-2 immediately. But it does make me wonder what will become of Wyatt.

Lesnar vs Reigns: Now we get to the main event. I've already established that I'm not the biggest Reigns fan, and that I wanted Lesnar to beat him. I will say, it was fun watching Lesnar throw him around and knock him senseless. Reigns got a few good shots in, but it seemed overall like he just wasn't quite ready yet to fight Lesnar. And then we got to the end. I had considered the possibility that Rollins would cash in tonight, but didn't think it would happen, though a few moments in the fight did make me reconsider. Once his music started, me and the rest of the room jumped out of our seats and nearly roared. I am so glad to see Rollins holding the belt and am super excited to see where they take his character next!

Definitely pumped for Raw tonight.

Quote from: gunswordfist on March 29, 2015, 10:59:48 PM
I did not expect to see Ronda at WrestleMania.  :huh:

That part went so long. I also wish they would remember that Stephanie McMahon is a wrestler and can take care of herself.

gunswordfist

I heard it went on for a long time. People were saying that they stalled so the place could get dark. lol I didn't actually watch it myself, just heard about it on a MMA site. This also confirms that Ronda's the UFC's biggest star.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Hopefully Daniel Bryan brings some credibility back to the IC championship. They should write him a feud worthy of defending that title.

Also, "Suplex City, Bitch!" is now my new favorite wrestling quote. :D

talonmalon333

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on March 30, 2015, 04:03:06 PM
Hopefully Daniel Bryan brings some credibility back to the IC championship. They should write him a feud worthy of defending that title.

Daniel Bryan is such a good wrestler. Recently, in a tag team match, he went against Rollins and their fantastic athletic skills combined to make a great ride. I feel bad that I forgot to mention him as one of my favorite modern wrestlers when we were talking the other day.

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on March 30, 2015, 04:03:06 PM
Also, "Suplex City, Bitch!" is now my new favorite wrestling quote. :D

Yes! :happytime:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I've always considered Orton's in-ring ability to be mostly average and uninspired, but he has one saving grace which is that his finisher, the RKO, is probably my favorite wrestling move of any kind since it's so quick and unpredictable, can be used in tons of creative ways, and most importantly looks like a legitimately devastating attack. The way that he finished this match by pulling one on Rollins off of a Curb Stomp was simply brilliant.

gunswordfist

I watched that gif almost 10 times. :o

Spark Of Spirit

Reminds me of the Diamond Cutter.

Which is an awesome move.  ;D

talonmalon333

That finish was awesome. Made the Rollins and Orton fight.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Which was modified by SCSA into the Stunner, which was further modified by Randy Orton into the RKO. ;)

talonmalon333

Brock Lesnar was suspended for causing a ruckus (in-story)! Just when I was happy to see him appearing more often. :SHOCK:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I can't believe that I didn't notice this before, but:

That is all.

gunswordfist

Ronda + the best meme in the world = my head assploded.