Gargoyles

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, January 09, 2011, 12:01:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

I'm on the fifth part of "Awakening", and I don't think that you guys need to be reminded of how strong it is.

One of my favorite scenes from the whole arc has to be the reveal of Demona's name, which is just wow.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

GregX

Happy Twentieth Anniversary, Gargoyles!

Avaitor

Oh, dang!

I celebrated it well by introducing a friend who's never seen it before by watching "Vows". We're talking about watching the whole thing together now, so I'll pause my own rewatch of it so we can plan a schedule.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I knew I was forgetting something. Anyways, happy 20th Anniversary to the greatest cartoon ever made for television or otherwise!

It still holds up just as well today as it did 20 years ago.

Spark Of Spirit

Guess I got my DVD set just in time. I'll have to sit down and watch the whole series again sometime soon.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

GregX

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on October 24, 2014, 08:19:14 PM
Guess I got my DVD set just in time. I'll have to sit down and watch the whole series again sometime soon.

I haven't done that in ages, believe it or not. I'll have to before the end of the year.

Avaitor

My friend and I are trying to find the right date to go through it all.

Oh, but at the D23 Fanniversary event that I went to yesterday, they mentioned Gargoyles' 20th anniversary with footage of the intro being played, along with some early sketches of Goliath and Hudson. It got a crazy big ovation from the audience.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Favorite World Tour episodes:

1. Shadows of the Past
2. M.I.A.
3. Grief
4. Ill Met By Moonlight
5. Sanctuary
6. Golem
7. Future Tense
8. The New Olympians
9. Bushido
10. Walkabout

Honestly, I like a few of the others, but a bunch of them are fairly bland and by the numbers. The Banshee and Odin episodes are cool, though. Not the best part of the series, but there's a lot of great stuff there.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

The World Tour story-line was easily the weakest part of the series for me, but there were still some gems in there. It did also help to introduce some great new characters.

Spark Of Spirit

I think it would have helped if there were episodes showing what was happening back in New York while they were gone. There were only about three episodes, if I'm not mistaken. (That's why I didn't include them, they're not World Tour episodes)

Dr. Insomniac

Peanutbutter

I dare you to @GregX that on Twitter!  :sly:

GregX

Quote from: Peanutbutter on May 21, 2018, 02:14:07 PM
I dare you to @GregX that on Twitter!  :sly:

I'm actually a little disappointed that nobody did.

I like this one better.

Dr. Insomniac

Daikun