Harvey Beaks

Started by Mr. Big, March 29, 2015, 01:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

I like the show because I feel like I can just sit back and enjoy its lax pace while the characters go through their little adventures. The earlier example comparing it to Mike Judge's two main shows feels apt here. This is a more character based show that works on simple plots and some clever jokes. It's not explosive, but that's why I like it.

Also, no jerk-ass characters helps a lot. Even Princess, who is utterly selfish, does not go out of her way to make everyone else miserable. No one is an unlikeable jerk. Gives me hope that it won't be used as a crutch for jokes later on.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

Yup, I agree. And it is quite refreshing to have a cast of characters in a kid's cartoon, especially a Nicktoon, that doesn't have a single jerk or bully in the bunch. That's also a factor in why I don't think any character degradation into obnoxious or unlikable territory will be much of a problem with this series like it became in Chowder.

Daikun

New episodes on Labor Day! :joy:

Also, it seems like Harvey Beaks will have premieres on Fridays from now on. See TZ's schedule thread.

Spark Of Spirit

Oh cool, new episode tonight. I've been hankering for a new one.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daikun

New episodes start this Friday at 8PM.

Daikun

Season 2 begins in June.

It's about time! This drought has gone on for too long.

Daikun

Trailer for season 2.

QuoteHarvey Beaks returns every weekday at 5:30pm/4:30c starting June 6th!

Daikun

Harvey Beaks returns tonight at 5:30! Three whole weeks of new epsiodes!

Daikun

According to an interview with Greenblatt on the Pizza Party Podcast, they're already working on the finale.

Well, I guess that's it. :'( Damn you, Nick, for not treating this well.

Also, there'll be a whole week of premieres on September 26 at 5:30.

Spark Of Spirit

Two seasons and that's it.

Boy, if I had a show to pitch, I can't see any reason why I would take it to Nick. There's really no point.

Peanutbutter

Dang, haven't even started watching it yet. Is it really over after this season?

Jeez, feels like more than ever Nick isn't even trying anymore. Only show they really have besides SpongeBob still going is TMNT. I haven't even heard anything about FOP which makes me think that last dumb season with the little girl is it.

Daikun

Quote from: Peanutbutter on September 16, 2016, 08:07:09 PMJeez, feels like more than ever Nick isn't even trying anymore. Only show they really have besides SpongeBob still going is TMNT. I haven't even heard anything about FOP which makes me think that last dumb season with the little girl is it.

If you need something else to watch on the network, The Loud House has been gaining a lot of traction lately.

Avaitor

I keep on seeing things for The Loud House, but I still can't get behind a show from the guy who ruined Dexter's Lab and Powerpuff Girls.

I haven't got around to this one yet, but it sounds like it was Greenblatt's decision to end it soon, but it also seems like Nick wasn't really pushing it to begin with.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

I watched a few Loud House episodes and thought it was all right. I can understand the appeal when you realize it's secretly a harem show.

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Daikun on September 16, 2016, 10:59:51 PM
Quote from: Peanutbutter on September 16, 2016, 08:07:09 PMJeez, feels like more than ever Nick isn't even trying anymore. Only show they really have besides SpongeBob still going is TMNT. I haven't even heard anything about FOP which makes me think that last dumb season with the little girl is it.

If you need something else to watch on the network, The Loud House has been gaining a lot of traction lately.

I meant that they don't have that many longer running cartoons. Loud House I've heard nothing but good things about and I want to check it out too, but its still brand new and that may not be a guarantee Nick will renew it for another season.