The Greatest Anime Music Theme Ever Tournament (2015)

Started by gunswordfist, April 09, 2015, 04:29:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Scattered Rain
Luupppon The Third - It's pronounced Lew-pawn, not Lew-pin. I'll face punch anyone who disagrees.
Space Lion - This song speaks to me.
Boomerang - I'm liking this more and more and more..

I'll be concluding this tournament sometime Monday afternoon so everyone and anyone else, please vote.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

VLordGTZ

Love is a Boomerang
Scattered Rain
Lupin the Third Theme [1978 version]
Space Lion

gunswordfist

gunswordfist

Finally, after exactly 200 days, animationrevelation's first Greatest Anime Music Theme Ever Tournament has concluded. Two hundred and eighty-eight entries entered, only one will exit. Find out who is the winner below:

#4: 9 Points
Spoiler

Space Lion (Cowboy Bebop)

[close]

#3: 13 Points
Spoiler

Lupin the Third Theme [1978 version] (Lupin the Third franchise)
[close]

Runner-Up!: 14 Points
Spoiler

Scattered Rain (Trigun)
[close]

ZA WINNER!: 14 Points
Spoiler

Love is a Boomerang & Love is a Boomerang [NAGEMAKURLI Mix] (I broke the tie myself  ;) )
[close]

I had a lot of fun hosting this here competition and I hope you all did as well. For my next tournament, I'll be doing Cher's Greatest Facial Expressions Ever (2016), so stay tuned for that.  ;D

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

LumRanmaYasha

:joy:

As I said before, these are all excellent themes, and I would have been satisfied with the results no matter what they were. But seeing Love is a Boomerang make it to the final round, when I was worried it wouldn't even make it past the first, and winning the whole shebang was a very delightful surprise! ;D Here's an AMV to commemorate the occasion (spoilers for Beautiful Dreamer, though). I also should celebrate this by re-watching the film again as well.

Overall, it was a heck of a fun competition. Thanks for running it, GSF! I look forward to whatever competition you decide to do next. :thumbup:

Avaitor

This isn't really my thing, at least not to rank, but the final four are great choices! "Love is a Boomerang" is great.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

:-[;D. Thank you, man. Just hearing every word of that made it worth the trouble. I won't be doing another competition any time soon. Maybe in January or February, after the holiday rush and if anyone is interested. I was actually planning on not doing another but I have a good one in mind.
Quote from: Avaitor on October 27, 2015, 12:18:04 AM
This isn't really my thing, at least not to rank, but the final four are great choices! "Love is a Boomerang" is great.
:thumbup:

Foggle

Pretty happy with the outcome, even though it was the reverse of my vote. :il_hahaha: Good stuff!

gunswordfist

Same way I feel. Thank you for participating, Foggle.