Bob's Burgers

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 09, 2011, 08:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosalinas Spare Wand

DVDs fucking where?

Seriously, I love this show. It's become the highlight of my sunday nights now, even more than Family Guy was.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

The show returned tonight, and it didn't miss a single beat.

The kids stole the show once again, with Bob's kids bringing along all their little buddies for a hilarious treasure hunt in an abandoned factory. I couldn't stop laughing at the end of show song either.

Spark Of Spirit

I really want to keep watching this, but I don't watch FOX anymore, and I don't really want to turn in for 1 show. I hope there's a DVD soon.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

Is it just me or did the animation get better in the show? Really fun episode, you just got to love the kids.

GaryPotter

I noticed a whole bunch of Korean names in the credits. Maybe they actually hired a studio to do the animation.

In any event, I thought it was great. I'm still shocked this actually got a second season.

Avaitor

Well I'm not surprised. It's about time te show joined the block.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

GaryPotter

Did anyone really expect it to go anywhere else?

Rosalinas Spare Wand

It's way too good for modern Adult Swim honestly.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on May 01, 2013, 08:21:24 PM
It's way too good for modern Adult Swim honestly.
And it'll probably annoy the AS neckbeards who have an actual series interrupting their Loiter Squad and Eric Andre Show.

Daikun

Daikun

Avaitor

I've been catching up with the show, and I'm onto season 4 now. It really is a good show, and if there's one thing I prefer about it over Home Movies, it's the way the kids are written. Their dialogue feels more genuine to how children interact than Home Movies, which usually felt like post-grad writers shooting the shit. Still funny, but I think BB gets the demographic a little better.

But I'm still not crazy on how Tina and Linda are voiced by dudes. There's no reason they couldn't just get female voice actors for them.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

LumRanmaYasha

I never got the impression that the Home Movies kids were ever supposed to act like actual kids. I always thought that everyone on the show was more or less on the same level of maturity and immaturity, with the kids often acting like adults and vice-versa. Either way, I personally always found the dialogues and conversations well-written and hilarious, so that was never something I cared about anyways.

I also don't get why they didn't get female actors to play Tina and Linda either. Not saying that John Roberts and Dan Mintz don't do a good job giving the characters personality, but it still always struck me as a strange casting decision. Of course, I'm so used to it now and they've so settled into their roles that I can't really imagine them having any other voice, but still.

Eddy

At this point I can't imagine Tina or Linda sounding any different. They may be male voice actors but they nail those characters, to me.

I've been catching up with this show on Netflix and have been burning through season three. They kind of had a rocky start in season one but once the show really found its legs it's really been fantastic. It can be funny as well as heartwarming.

Also, my god, the My Neighbor Totoro parody in season 3's Thanksgiving episode was amazing.