Bob's Burgers

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 09, 2011, 08:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

This just premiered on FOX, and I have to say that I enjoyed it.

Certainly way better than Lucy, Bouchard's previous show, and this is with only one episode. But likewise, it's hard to say if the quality will measure up to Katz or Home Movies, since it's only been one episode.

It won't last, though. So it's pointless to even be speculating. A non-Simpsons or MacFarlane comedy would vastly improve FOX's shitty Sunday night line up, but people will probably rage at this and go watch more shitty Cleveland.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I meant to catch the premiere of this, but I had to settle for only seeing it and bits and pieces, since I had family relatives over at the house and was kind of busy serving them dinner and stuff like that. Does anyone know if there'll be any reruns of the show being aired on FOX?

Avaitor

I was going to record this but forgot.

I'll check Hulu tomorrow.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Neomysterion X. Prime

I got a kick out of Bob's Burgers, it was even served the way I wanted it... medium-rare.  :thumbup:
I hope this one will have a more stable shelf-life than Sit Down, Shut Up and The Goode Family. :sly:

Commode

Quote from: Avaitor on January 09, 2011, 08:26:44 PM
I'll check Hulu tomorrow.
Same here.  I had prior engagements(bleh work), so I need to catch up on the whole Animation Domination lineup.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Daxdiv

I caught this on Hulu due to the fact that when this premiered, I was on a boat, and most likely eating dinner since I had a late dinner, that and the channel that this would be on was the most flakeliest channel on the ship. One day it was CTV, the next day it was a Fox affiliate from Buffalo, then one day the CW Network that airs in my neck of the woods. That channel was weird.

Anyway, other than that, it was pretty good. I hope this show lasts more than one season. I doubt it will, but SHUT UP! Let me dream! I saw more potential in the first episode of this than Sit Down, Shut Up and Cleveland Show.

Avaitor

Finishing up the pilot now, and I can't say much, but it's a decent premiere.

Definitely better than Lucy or Sit Down, Shut Up.

I don't think it'll last long, but maybe the show can become a little better before it ends.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Neomysterion X. Prime

Quote from: Avaitor on January 16, 2011, 12:45:23 AM
I don't think it'll last long, but maybe the show can become a little better before it ends.

Don't think it will last long?
If only we got more people watching Bob's Burgers, mabye that will increase the longevity.

Spark Of Spirit

Writer: Loren Bouchard & Jim Dauterive

From the most recent episode.

No wonder I'm digging this show.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

King of the Hill writers are on this show? No wonder this episode felt like a more wacky version of KOTH to me. This episode was pretty entertaining, even though I missed the first few minutes due to making dinner.

Avaitor

The show is pretty good, but is it just me, or would it be a lot better without the kids? I can't help but feel like they constantly drag it down. Occasionally one of them will be funny, but the oldest one is weird and awkward, the little girl is weird and disturbing, and the boy is just weird.

Bob himself is an entertaining character, but I don't think it's completely great just yet.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

I feel like they're necessary or the FOX audience will lose interest in it. I honestly think that's why they are pushed so much, even though they aren't the funniest characters at all.

Avaitor

True.

To be honest, as great as Jon Benjamin's delivery is, it can only go so far for the mainstream audience. Bob is funny but not quite as balanced as McGuirk or Archer, so I can see why the kids are getting pushed so much.

It's just not a great show so far, but it's the only thing I'm recording on Fox at this point.

New blog!

Rosalinas Spare Wand

From what Jake told me, Fox is promoting the show as their latest hit, so I think it'll last longer than SDSU did.

I've only seen one episode so far, but its pretty damn funny.

Avaitor

Fox just renewed the show for a second season.

I have to give it props for lasting longer than just about anything non-MacFarlene that Fox has been trying lately. I think it's been getting progressively better as well, so I'm really looking forward to seeing how the next season turns out.

New blog!