DC Super Hero Girls

Started by Daikun, April 22, 2015, 09:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2015/04/22/wb-and-dc-entertainment-in-partnership-with-mattel-launch-dc-super-hero-girls

QuoteBeginning in Fall 2015, DC Entertainment, Warner Bros. Animation, Warner Bros. Consumer Products and Mattel join forces to launch DC Super Hero Girls, an exciting new universe of Super Heroic storytelling that helps build character and confidence, and empowers girls to discover their true potential.  Featuring DC Comics' most powerful and diverse line-up of female characters as relatable teens, DC Super Hero Girls will play out across multiple entertainment content platforms and product categories to create an immersive world.

Developed for girls aged 6-12, DC Super Hero Girls centers on the female Super Heroes and Super-Villains of the DC Comics universe during their formative years—prior to discovering their full super power potential. Featuring a completely new artistic style and aesthetic, DC Comics' icons such as Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Batgirl, Harley Quinn, Bumble Bee, Poison Ivy, Katana and many more make their unprecedented teenaged introduction. Each character has her own storyline that explores what teen life is like as a Super Hero, including discovering her unique abilities, nurturing her remarkable powers and mastering the fundamentals of being a hero.

gunswordfist

Yay, two minorities! Totally relatable.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

It looks like Disney fanart.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

They're making Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy super heroes in this series? That's...a strange decision, to say the least. There had to have been other actual heroes they could have used to fill the roster. And why make Wonder Woman a teenager? Couldn't they just have used a Wonder Girl?

Nitpicks and unappealing promo art aside, I'll watch this if it ends up having writing on the level of MLP: FIM in it's better seasons. I hope it turns out good, considering the only DC animated series on the airwaves right now is TTG!, after all. 

gunswordfist

Quote from: Cartoon X on April 22, 2015, 10:06:46 PM
I hope it turns out good, consider the only DC animated series on the airwaves right now is TTG!, after all. 
...I never thought about that. Jeez. :shit:

Foggle

Might be fun! At least it'll probably be more enjoyable than DC's animated film output of late. *shudder*

gunswordfist

Happy 8800 posts, Foggle! We'll celebrate with this!

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on April 22, 2015, 10:30:43 PM
Quote from: Cartoon X on April 22, 2015, 10:06:46 PM
I hope it turns out good, consider the only DC animated series on the airwaves right now is TTG!, after all. 
...I never thought about that. Jeez. :shit:
I'm not sure why they don't when live action currently has The Flash and Arrow. They could even be making an animated show that takes place in that universe if they really wanted to. Could even have people like Grant Gustin and Stephen Amell guest voice on them.

But no, DC is still trying to sabotage their other departments, aren't they?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

Well, they've got Vixen coming in the fall and it takes place in The Flash/Arrow universe, but that's going to be a web-series.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 22, 2015, 10:41:29 PM
But no, DC is still trying to sabotage their other departments, aren't they?
But I thought only Disney would do that type of thing! :light:
Quote from: Cartoon X on April 22, 2015, 10:45:50 PM
Well, they've got Vixen coming in the fall and it takes place in The Flash/Arrow universe, but that's going to be a web-series.
...I feel stupid. I was about to say Vixen but then for some reason I thought she was Marvel. Doh...

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on April 22, 2015, 10:39:08 PM
Happy 8800 posts, Foggle! We'll celebrate with this!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

gunswordfist

I agree. The fact that you graced us with so many posts is a horror.

Foggle

Avaitor

I can't say that I'm a fan of the designs, but this is a pretty cute idea. I do hope that it turns out well.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daxdiv

I'll give this a shot most likely. Now, gimme my Gem World series and bring back Brianne Drouhard for it.