The Death of Konami

Started by Daikun, April 27, 2015, 08:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Someone, anyone, please take all of Konami's properties away from them, please.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Just 3 and a half months left until Phantom Pain comes out... Konami can go bankrupt after that for all I care.

I wonder if the bad blood between them and Kojima was due to a difference of opinion in regards to this mobile garbage.

Spark Of Spirit

I really do hope there is a mobile game crash in the near future. Companies like Konami deserve it quite badly.

Sell Axelay, Salamander / Life Force, and Gradius to Treasure and Castlevania, Rocket Knight Adventures, Sunset Riders, Goemon, and Contra to Nintendo and get out of gaming. You won't be missed.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 14, 2015, 01:56:43 PM
I really do hope there is a mobile game crash in the near future. Companies like Konami deserve it quite badly.

Sell Axelay, Salamander / Life Force, and Gradius to Treasure and Castlevania, Rocket Knight Adventures, Sunset Riders, Goemon, and Contra to Nintendo and get out of gaming. You won't be missed.

Also, Silent Hill. That can't be sold to Nintendo, but they need to sell it to someone. Someone we can trust with that type of game.

Of course, there's also Metal Gear... and it's time we lay it to rest. Just let it end with MSGV, a game that will supposedly be fantastic. Let Metal Gear end with more dignity than Konami.

Foggle

Quote from: talonmalon333 on May 14, 2015, 02:00:24 PM
Also, Silent Hill. That can't be sold to Nintendo
Why not? Nintendo co-owns Fatal Frame.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on May 14, 2015, 02:01:44 PM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on May 14, 2015, 02:00:24 PM
Also, Silent Hill. That can't be sold to Nintendo
Why not? Nintendo co-owns Fatal Frame.

Forgot about that. In that case, perhaps Nintendo can get Silent Hill.

Spark Of Spirit

Nintendo can get Silent Hill and Suikoden (and rehire Murayama to manage it) and outsource them to the Fatal Frame team and Monolith Soft.

Guaranteed the series would have futures at that point.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

QuoteComing from series creator Akira Sakuma...
- Momotaro Dentetsu is "officially finished"
- one Konami employee in particular is blamed for killing the franchise
- "Konami hasn't gotten in touch with me at all. This is how they've tossed me aside for a while now. I'm announcing here that Momotaro Dentetsu is officially done. Ishikawa at Konami squelched everything."
Konami is really throwing in the towel, aren't they?

gunswordfist

Fuck this, that, this one Konami employee in particular. I wonder who he or she is. :D
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daikun

Foggle

GODDAMN IT NO

FUCK YOU KONAMI

YOU AREN'T ALLOWED TO RUIN MY MGS5

HANDS OFF

Spark Of Spirit

Foggle

Quote from: http://gematsu.com/2015/06/40-minute-metal-gear-solid-v-phantom-pain-e3-2015-gameplay-walkthroughWhile it is true that a few micro-transactions options do exist, the entire game has been carefully balanced to be enjoyable with or without using these options. There's no pay-to-win option. Rest assured that every single item, weapon, and mission in the game is available to all players without paying a single cent. However, due to the sheer scale of the game and the time required to explore it all, micro-transactions were added as a completely optional feature for players who might not be able to spend as much time with the game. Nothing more, nothing less.

That's better, I suppose. As long as they aren't purposefully gimping aspects of the game, it's all... well, not good, but fine.

Daikun

Daikun

Just like Mega Man before it, Silent Hills is also getting a spiritual successor called Allison Road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__i_LoRKhJ0

Screw you, Konami.