Whatcha Bleedin' Watchin'?

Started by Dr. Insomniac, January 10, 2011, 02:19:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

So yeah, thread for whatever show you're watching now.

I just started Series 4 of Skins, and I'm starting to see why people hate it. It's so melodramatic, and characters do things they never would've done the last season. But for all that matters, Cook seems like less of a douche.

Neomysterion X. Prime

For me? I've been bleedin' watchin' me some new episodes of Supernanny.
Jo Frost is back on force, worried mothers!  :cop:

No-Personality

I decided to re-watch some Scrubs (it's been a real long time- I completely missed season 9) and I'm in shock... I really went out of my way to say on UD that that show is the best of the new millennium and... it's not. The critics were right: Zach Braff is annoying. And the co-stars (save for the older actors, including Judy Reyes naturally) aren't all that much better.

I re-watched: "My Heavy Meddle" (which was very good), "My Fallen Idol" (which was not) and "My Bed, Banter, and Beyond" (which was pretty bad).
Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

Angus

thought I'd take a try at Sherlock, since it's got Moffat producing it :)
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Angus

Why is Cupcake Wars so frickin' addictive?  :shakeshakeshake:
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

gunswordfist

On Sunday, I finally finished Burn Notice Season 3. It's good to be caught up as much as I can. Then I watched all the deleted scenes, extras and all the episodes with commentary from Season 2 and 3 (minus the first 8 episodes of season 3 since I had to take it back on Saturday.) THEN at midnight, I watched an episode from season 5. I loved it. One of Michael's best villains came back at the end in impressive fashion. It's nice to see into teh fewcha. THEN one Monday I watched 3 of my favorite season 2/3 episodes. And finally, today I watched the great season premiere of season 2. For the love of God, I NEED to watch season 4 and they need to put the shit on DVD. It sucks that I'm still two seasons behind but at least it's not 4.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Neomysterion X. Prime

Quote from: Angus on February 16, 2011, 06:35:22 PM
Why is Cupcake Wars so frickin' addictive?  :shakeshakeshake:

I have no exact clue, but I remember watching that one last year. I've got to admit, I really love the cupcake art those guys serve up.
It's just too cute to eat.  :blush:

Ontopic, I've been watching Red Green Show reruns on my local PBS affiliate.

gunswordfist

And the MTV2 debut of Bellator is on. I've been waiting forever for this tournament.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Angus

Finished third episode of Sherlock.  :thumbup: It almost played like that Case Closed Time Bombed Skyscraper with the chains of puzzles, but wow, good series that keeps you awake.

Disc 2 has the pilot episode version of the first episode (A Study in Pink).

Pharass

I finally bought The House of Cards Trilogy on dvd and just finished the first installment. I'm glad to say that, so far, the series has lived up to my expectations. Ian Richardson's Francis Urquhart is a fantastic character and would most definitely have made it into the "Greatest Villain" tournament if I had actually seen the show earlier and the rest of the cast has been great as well. Here's hoping that the next two installments live up to the standards set by their preceedor.

In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

No-Personality

I finished The Larry Sanders Show last week, so I've started Wings. I'm somewhere around episode 20 in Season 3.
and I love it.

Dr. Insomniac

Watched a recon of Evil of the Daleks. While all but one of the seven episodes are preserved only as audio and pictures, it still proves to be a magnificent story. The acting for the Daleks actually manages to serve as unnerving and dissonant, and you definitely get how manipulative the Doctor can be when he wants to, something we seldom see until decades later with Sylvester McCoy. If you have some time, this serial is perfect to get you into watching the classic series.

Pharass

I've finally begun to watch the fifth season of The Wire. I'm two episodes in and while the show is still pretty good, I can't say I find the newspaper storyline all that compelling. Oh, well, maybe it picks up.

In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

Dr. Insomniac

Rewatching Sherlock. Fucking hate season cliffhangers, especially ones that take years to finally get resolved.

No-Personality

I think I've finally reached the second half of season 7 of Wings. Literally, since season 6 (easily this show's shark-jumping season), it's taken me weeks just to get through a season whereas with the first 4 seasons, I got through them in just a few days (not that any of them as a whole were that great, though season 3 was the best and season 5 had the best episode of the whole show so far). Now, I've finally become much too aware of the show's blandness (the only thing worse than Joe and Helen playing the "never gonna get together" cliche is the "married but can't get along" cliche). The show is barely above Step by Step in terms of men-vs-women cliches. Joe was never funny, Faye isn't funny (anymore), Roy was never very funny, Casey isn't really funny, Helen would be funny on helium, Brian is charming but not funny, Alex got while the getting was good, Lowell got out too late... but Antonio is still utterly hilarious. He's probably the only anyone would have to watch the show. Though, I'll keep watching it literally just because I have the hugest crush on Tim Daly.

Which of course brings me to just throw out a recent observation: those damn Sandy Cooper episodes are so painfully unfunny, it makes me downright angry. 3rd time on the show, the same freaking routine. It's her last appearence on the show and they STILL didn't out her craziness to the show's other characters. I used to admire this show because it literally doesn't like confrontation all that much- they don't know how to take an argument scene seriously- and so the resolutions to most of the episodes involve characters who know something other vital characters don't. Like Helen rushing to Mexico to divorce Antonio without Joe finding out or Joe and Brian dressing the coach up like a girl and they funeral-goers never found out- even though Helen was deadset on telling them. That's all well and good, but aside from those great endings- this show has no surprises. (Other than how remarkably hunkalicious "Joe" is and yet, he almost never takes off his clothes- though they sure remedied that when they made Dr. Jekyll and Ms. Hyde.)
and I love it.