Whatcha Bleedin' Watchin'?

Started by Dr. Insomniac, January 10, 2011, 02:19:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angus

I saw the first few eppies of Wings on Netflix. Took about 4-5 episodes until Helen changed her hair to that iconic blonde style that all the girls wanted back then.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Pharass

So, I finished the second disc (containing episodes 4-6) of Berlin Alexanderplatz recently and all I can say that this show/movie (I've seen it classified as both, though it was originally a TV-Show, if I remember correctly) really picked up once Reinhold got introduced. Sure, the guy is a pretty horrible human being but he does make for an interesting opposite to Franz, both physically and mentally.  Speaking of Franz, it's impossible not to feel bad for the poor bastard; he has the worst luck in the world, not to mention the worst so-called "friend".
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

Avaitor

The N has been airing Freaks and Geeks, so I'm taking the chance to watch it. I started with the third episode, the Halloween one, since I only found out a couple of days ago.

Really liking it so far, though. The character dynamics are great, and this confirms my belief that Seth Rogen should always play a supporting character instead of being the lead. When they finish this run of the show, I'll catch the first two eps, but I'm quite into it so far.

They're also airing Undeclared, which I'll start this upcoming week when they start a new cycle. Buffy's also airing on the channel, but I have the DVDs and have seen it all so many times, so no need there.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

Poirot's been making the rounds on my TV screen. David Suchet's performance is to die for. One interesting tidbit that comes from following these shows is recognizing how one of the actresses on the episode I'm watching right now (Hallowe'en Party) played Agatha Christie on Doctor Who.

Angus

Why is it that I finally get interested in a popular series and then find it's no longer available on Hulu?
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

ToonFaithful

Watchin' the Chappelle Show Vol. 1 Uncensored DVD. The man is hilarious.

Spark Of Spirit

Season 2 was soooo funny. It's really too bad that he had a meltdown, because some of that shit STILL gets me rolling.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

God, I remember seeing the entire second season over and over again each day for the entire Summer back in 2006...

...it's kind of burned into my brain even now so the rewatch value has become absolutely nil. I'm convinced that even if I got amnesia, whatever remained of my implicit memory would still remember Rick James dirtying up a couch with his shoes.

Avaitor

I didn't really like the "season 3" eps we got, but those first two were good stuff.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

"Season 3" was putrid. I think the only one that got a laugh out of me was the Tupac one, everything else (especially that Monsters sketch) was just painful to sit through.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

I remember hearing how the reason for season 3's poor quality (other than the obvious) was because Dave was being harassed by CC execs since they wanted the show to have more fratboy humor and catch phrases. Eventually, they got their wish with Mind of Mencia. But that's long since cancelled, so I guess Dave got the last laugh there.

Spark Of Spirit

Mind Of Mencia was so fucking awful.

Take away everything that made Chappelle funny, make everything loud and obnoxious, and throw in the most annoying catchphrase ever devised, and you have that piece of shit show no one would stop talking about.

Foggle

Carlos Mencia's "comedy" is a running joke between my friends and I. Mind of Mencia is one of the worst shows of all time.

ToonFaithful

I heard Dave Chappelle is working on a new show and it will be available to services such as Netflix and Crackle. Stand-up or skit comedy, I'll be tooning in.

Kiddington

Been watching Shark Week for the past few days.

Ya know ya love it.