Whatcha Bleedin' Watchin'?

Started by Dr. Insomniac, January 10, 2011, 02:19:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Dalek

Watching True Blood.

Because I have no sense of self-worth anymore.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Big Bad Motherfucking Beetleborgs.

I love how much more unique this show was from the other Power Ranger clones back in the day. Half the show is a comedy about monsters in an abandoned mansion, the other half is a glorious living the dream scenario with kids turning into bug themed Rangers. Plus, they never take themselves too seriously, so they often win simply by outsmarting the villains or just using slapstick antics. The stock footage is still badly intercut, but at least the suits look great in both US and japanese scenes.

Holds up much better than VR Troopers ever did.

Angus

Quote from: Lord Dalek on August 05, 2011, 12:23:42 PM
Watching True Blood.

Because I have no sense of self-worth anymore.

I didn't realize True Blood turned into a guilty pleasure?  :blush: Just started season 3 myself, they sure introduced a ton of new characters, and are getting into that multi-tasking plot format.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Angus

Got roped into watching Haven. Supposedly has a bunch of Stephen King references.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Angus

Deadliest Warrior. Pretty cool seeing the different kinds of ancient weapons being demonstrated.

Foggle

Watching the new Battlestar Galactica again. I love this series, goddamn. It holds up shockingly well on the second viewing, though a good reasoning for why I find it to be better this time around could be because I am not 12. I mean, I was 15 when the finale aired, but yeah. I'm surprised my taste was this good back then... doesn't really seem like something a kiddo would enjoy. Anyway, this show has great writing and acting; much of it is quite intense. Riveting stuff.

I love Baltar! His hilariously unintentional evil that ends up ruining everyone's lives (and making just about everybody on both sides hate him) is brilliant. James Callis really nails it with his performance.

Avaitor

Since I finished Beast Wars and don't have anything else to watch besides a few series I plan to view on Netflix (Firefox hates Instant Queue- go figure), I started watching Alfred Hitchcock Presents on Hulu.

I've seen a couple of episodes before, but I'm watching it all now. Pretty cool stuff, all in all. Sometimes it feels like Twilight Zone leftovers, but other episodes seem like half hour versions of the master's stories, which is just right. And you gotta love his macabre sense of humor.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

Just saw The Girl Who Waited and The God Complex back-to-back. Doctor, you bastard. :frown:

Avaitor

So far, I think "The Older Sister" is my favorite episode of AHP. It's as creepy as I'd expect the show to be, in a good way.

That said, I think I'm going to stop watching the show for a little. I just remembered one series I've been meaning to watch that is on Hulu- Babylon 5. Starting that up tomorrow.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

Seems like they only have the first 2 seasons, when the show started getting good at the third, IMO.

Avaitor

I think they're uploading on a weekly basis, since they only have a couple of episodes of 2. I'll look around elsewhere by the time I'm done with what they have.

New blog!

Foggle

Just finished watching the extended cut of "Unfinished Business." Surprisingly a lot more tolerable than the version that was aired on TV, but still by far one of my least favorite BSG episodes.

Avaitor

For some reason, I can't get Babylon 5 to load past episode 1 on Hulu, so I'll look elsewhere for that whenever.

Also, finally watching Doctor Who in my room now. Starting with the Eccleston run, then going to catch up to now.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

Been rewatching a bit of Buffy, and unfortunately starting to understand the criticisms. I mean, ever since I got into the show and hearing the dialogue, I wondered why Joss never tried his hand at prose. But now I realize that the comebacks, the one-liners, and all that lose a lot of their meaning when you don't have faces or voices to put on them. Instead, everything just sounds so homogenized, where the only character you could perfectly tell apart from their dialogue would probably be Drusilla (and maybe Giles and the Mayor). I still like the show, but it's hard to get over that.

Kiddington

So I finally caught Ted Danson on CSI last night. You know, being a big Cheers fan and all, curiosity got the better of me.

Uhh... yeah, still sucks. And now, they're officially desperate.