Whatcha Bleedin' Watchin'?

Started by Dr. Insomniac, January 10, 2011, 02:19:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I just finished watching The Night Of. Even though it's a mini-series, this is the best thing that I've seen on TV all year.

Dr. Insomniac

So I've been watching another Chinese show called Nirvana In Fire, and maybe I'm self-racist or something, but I need a chart to tell some of the characters apart. I nicknamed one of the characters Markiplier to remember him, but then there were three other characters with Markiplier's face.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I bought Archer season six and Ash Vs. Evil Dead season one on DVD. I've already seen both, but I've been collecting Archer, and I wanted to give AVED a re-watch before the second season premieres next month.

Pharass

Finished season two of Mr. Robot a few days ago. I realize I'm probably in the minority, but I actually preferred this season over the first one. The show has been renewed for 2017 and I'm looking forward to season 3.

I've also been watching the old Danish TV-series Matador and although I haven't finished it yet, I can say with certainty that this is one of the best shows I've watched: Phenomenal stuff.

Oh, and I'm still waiting for season 4 of The Americans to arrive on Netflix. Though at this point, I must admit I'm sorely tempted to just watch it on putlocker or some other streaming site.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

Dr. Insomniac

Watching the first episode of The Night Of right now. Amused at how dumb Naz is during these first 30 minutes.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I really liked The Night Of, personally.

As for Naz, he's a dumb teenager....who just happens to be in his early 20's, I think, but the idea is that he doesn't exactly think anything through.

Dr. Insomniac

Onto episode 3. I am liking this, but I do wonder what it could have been like if James Gandolfini was alive to play Stone as intended. Turturro's fine, but sometimes he acts like an over-the-top Dennis Hoffman impersonator.

Avaitor

I decided to rewatch Buffy on a whim, and I think my favorite part of finishing season 1 is that I can watch season 2 now. Although to be fair, while much of the first season is still dated, it's a little more charming than I remembered, and I especially like the little bit of dignity Cordelia was given as she is slowly being integrated into the group. Usually the bitchy popular girls have to go through hell before they can be accepted, but Cordy's punishment has yet to come. "Angel" and the finale are definitely still the highlights.

I'm not sure if I'm going to add Angel onto this rewatch, but I might put on a few episodes when I get to that point. I am thinking of putting the Firefly pilot on in the near future, however, either to see if my girlfriend can get into it (the horror elements of BtVS, no matter how hokey, are an instant turn-off) or just to see if I feel like giving that another go at some point as well.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Avaitor

So, it's official. Y: The Last Man is coming to FX.

I'm not sure how I feel about the showrunner, since what I've seen of his work doesn't leave me impressed. But I also have been anticipating American Gods and Logan, so I hope that he can do good with all of these.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

I'm four episodes into Westworld right now. Read up on how the showrunners wanted this to be like Blade Runner in tone and concept, and it shows. It's not very quiet about these inspirations, but I like it for that.

Dr. Insomniac

And finished. Really liked that, especially Ford and Maeve's arcs. I'm sad that a second season won't come out until 2018 at the earliest, because I'm really interested as to where they can go from here.

Foggle

I also thought Westworld was a great show. Every episode kept me engaged and I always had trouble waiting for the next one. Hoping season 2 will be just as good!

The movie is pretty fun, too.

Avaitor

New blog!