Yo-Kai Watch

Started by LumRanmaYasha, June 23, 2015, 04:12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumRanmaYasha

Spark Of Spirit

This is gigantic in Japan. Disney would be foolish not to push this hard.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

I actually enjoy this show and I'm looking forward to the dub. If anything, it's more like SGT. Frog or Doraemon in humor than it is a Poke-clone show. Really curious about how they're gonna handle certain aspects of this show.

If anything, Hasbro is handling the toys, so.... I dunno really how to feel about that. All I know is that it probably meant if The Hub still was around, they would have aired it.

Daikun

Daxdiv

Here's a TV size version of the 1st ending theme

I can't really see Disney XD keeping it fully intact, but I could see it popping up in the actual game itself.

Daxdiv

LumRanmaYasha

I watched the screening of the first episode at Comic Con yesterday before technical difficulties caused them to stop half-way through, but from what I heard, the dub sounded pretty good. Johnny Yong Bosch does a excellent job as Nate like he does with Nobita in Doraemon, and everyone else sounds pretty good too. The one exception is the fat kid (I can't remember his name). He sounded and was acted wrong. Hopefully the actor playing him improves as the series goes along.

Daxdiv

I watched the show on Disney XD all week. The dub is pretty good all things considering, pretty faithful to what most of my fansubs had translated for this and the voices are pretty appropriate for the most part. I am kind of looking forward to hearing Melissa Hutchinson playing Komasan in a week or 2.

LumRanmaYasha

LumRanmaYasha

Looks like the franchise is catching on over here after all. The second season premieres on Disney XD on August 1st.

Daikun