Bunnicula

Started by Daikun, June 29, 2015, 06:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Aside from Wabbit and Be Cool, Scooby-Doo, WBA has a third series coming soon to Boomerang--Bunnicula, based on a series of children's books.

As you would guess from the title, it's about a rabbit vampire who drinks carrot juice instead of blood.

Deadline has the full article.

EDIT: Maxwell Atoms is working on this.

Avaitor

Whoa!

I remember reading these when I was a kid, and I do remember them being cute. But Maxwell Atoms is enough to make me interested.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Peanutbutter

Wouldn't know it was Atoms' doing from that picture. That's some good art right there. I never read the books, but this already has my interest.

Nameless

Does this signal that Warner Bros. Animation is once again becoming something more than a vehicle for milking their various IPs?

LumRanmaYasha

Woah. Bunnicula is, like, my childhood, so this has my interest. I'm disappointed that it's a comedy, though. It should be a horror-comedy, like the books. Based on the preview image, this show probably won't be anything like the books in tone (especially if it's focusing on Bunnicula as the main character, and not Harold and Chester). If they wanted to make a comedy show based on the franchise, I would have preferred they adapted the "Howie" series of books, which are pure hilarity. But again, Bunnicula holds a special place in my heart, and I'm a big fan of Maxwell Atoms as well, so I'm really hoping good things from this. Hopefully Harold, Chester, and Howie are still in this. They could make a good Tom & Jerry-esque show out of this, and I'd be satisfied with that.

Daikun

Quote from: Cartoon X on June 29, 2015, 10:16:26 PMBased on the preview image, this show probably won't be anything like the books in tone (especially if it's focusing on Bunnicula as the main character, and not Harold and Chester). . . . Hopefully Harold, Chester, and Howie are still in this.

We have a special post from a staff member at TZ:

QuoteOh and yes, Chester and Harold are in fact the other two main characters.

Lord Dalek

Talk about old, I read these books when I was in elementary school.

*will be 30 in two months.

Daikun

Bunnicula premieres on Boomerang on February 6 at 6:30PM.

Daikun

Nameless

Bunnicula sounds like a Happy Tree Friend, eugh!

Daikun

Quote from: Nameless on February 01, 2016, 01:28:28 PMBunnicula sounds like a Happy Tree Friend, eugh!

As someone whose childhood completely missed out on these books...

Did Bunnicula ever speak?

Nameless

VLordGTZ

Yeah, Bunnicula never talked.  I'm not sure if I'll really be interested in this show or not.  What appealed to me about the books when I was younger was the whole horror aspect.  This, on the other hand, seems to just be a standard children's comedy.

Daikun

Quote from: VLordGTZ on February 03, 2016, 04:46:56 PMYeah, Bunnicula never talked.  I'm not sure if I'll really be interested in this show or not.  What appealed to me about the books when I was younger was the whole horror aspect.  This, on the other hand, seems to just be a standard children's comedy.

This is a combination of both.

Did anyone watch the premiere today?

Daikun

So, I guess new episodes are airing again.
Boomerang aired 5 new episodes last night. Unannounced. At TWO IN THE FREAKING MORNING.