Power Rangers & General Sentai Related Shows

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 08, 2011, 08:05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Yeah, the deal includes the same shows they have on Netflix. Which means you'll soon have glorious VR Troopers and Big Bad Beetleborgs on shelves, along with The Next Mutation I suppose.

Dr. Insomniac

So out of nowhere, I've found myself catching up on Go-Busters and getting into Fourze. The former has surprisingly good production values for a Sentai, and carries a likable cast, though is taking a hell of a long time to develop (they haven't even combined their Megazord yet).

Spark Of Spirit

Turbo, In Space, Lost Galaxy, and Lightspeed Rescue were just added to Netflix here. I'm not sure if any others were yet, but I just noticed these yesterday.

It's gonna be a Ranger-iffic summer, I guess. :p
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Angus

Do they still have the kids doing martial arts before they don the suits?

Pretty cool that Wendee Lee did voices for Scorpina and some of the villains back in the hey days.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah, they still do that. Actually, IIRC, they do it more now than they did back in the day.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Angus

"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Dr. Insomniac

Kiddington

Wow. Shout really knows how to treat their fans right when given the opportunity. Too bad Nick is being so lame when it comes to the Nicktoons sets; I'm sure they could've pulled out something just as cool for those as well (RUGRATS, AHEM AHEM).

40 isn't quite as mammoth as that 104 disc monstrosity known as the Law and Order Complete Series, but it's still something. Wonder what the final asking price for this will be.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Power Rangers 20/ Megaforce is Tensou Sentai Goseiger

Kind of an odd decision since the gimmick of Gokaiger is far more suitable for an anniversary, but as a fan of Goseiger I'm glad to know its not going to be skipped/reduced to glorified cameos like with the Kakuranger team. The names are quite odd and directly reference Goseiger too, but I'm hopeful they have learned their lesson of how faithful is too faithful from the Samurai season.

Also, I anticipate how they'll handle Gosei Knight. I hope he gets a real identitiy and isn't just another walking piece of armor.

Dr. Insomniac

So I watched a bit of Goseiger to get at what Megaforce will be like, and for the most part, it's... cute. The zords, Datas, Nozomu, Alata (who I'm convinced is Toei's attempt to create the first openly gay Red Ranger), etc. are all cute. It's so fucking cuddly, that it could give G3 Princess a run for its money. That's not to say it's bad, but I really hope that Saban can man up the source material.

Also, it seems like the real reason they picked it to adapt was because of the bulbous amount of toys the cast use as weapons.

Daikun