The Opposite/Same Sex

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 05:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Congrats! I'm glad to hear it worked out.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Angus

I can't imagine being any more shy than all those shonen guys in rom-coms. But yeah talking to girls can be scary. Glad you are making some steps though. Confidence is a good thing.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Hey Kiddington, can we get an update on your situation?

My buddy told me last week that based on my personality, i'm either gonna settle for an average looking housewife type or I'll manage to trick a 10/10 girl into tying the knot with me. Not sure which one's the compliment and which one's the insult.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on September 05, 2012, 02:04:24 AM

My buddy told me last week that based on my personality, i'm either gonna settle for an average looking housewife type or I'll manage to trick a 10/10 girl into tying the knot with me. Not sure which one's the compliment and which one's the insult.
She snubbed him. Said she was already taken despite appearing to be open. Yeah.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on September 05, 2012, 02:05:46 AM
Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on September 05, 2012, 02:04:24 AM

She snubbed him. Said she was already taken despite appearing to be open. Yeah.
That is really frustrating. I honestly can't stand people (guys and gals) who do that.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

It is what it is I suppose. Rejection is just part of the game, and I knew that going in.

...still though, you're right; it is extremely frustrating, considering how overly friendly she was at times. If she was so damn concerned about misrepresenting her feelings, she shouldn't have flirted with me. I mean, it was so blatant; what am I supposed to think? She's just being nice? Give me a break. Honestly, I think I'd rather just be ignored than lead on to such a degree. It really hurt being shot down like that, and considering how often I run into her, there's no doubt I'm going to see her again eventually. And that's going to suck, no matter how I try to spin it.

Whatever, it happens. I just think what makes it hurt even more, though, is considering how lonely I've felt lately. Being single really didn't bother me up until the past few months; now I just feel so desperate, and I don't know why. I really wish I could meet someone soon, and setbacks like this don't help at all.

Kiddington

Forget all of the negativity and generalized bad thoughts surrounding my previous posts in this thread, because guys... I've done it. I've finally done it. I've met someone. I'VE ACTUALLY MET SOMEONE (that isn't a "fantasy girlfriend" who won't even give me the time of day).

You've probably seen me gushing about it on Twitter already, but the long and short of it is, she's perfect. She's absolutely perfect. We have so much in common, I can't believe it. She likes Gravity Falls, American Dad, Pokemon, Mario, just to name but a few things... it's like I'm dating myself in female form (okay, that sounds weird, but you know what I mean). Never in a million years did I think I'd meet someone who I'd hit it off with so well, and have so much in common with, much less in this town of all places. Pretty much every girl I've met here up to this point is either out of my league or completely insufferable, to say the least... but this one... this one is a completely different story. And a great one at that.

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Nel_Annette

I have a girl like that. Only "perfect for me" one I ever met.

And she refused to date me on the grounds that I'm not Asian.  :lol:

Awww, life's a bitch. Good for you man. Nice that it works out for someone.  :)

Avaitor

Well, I was going to meet with my (now) ex at Disney on Tuesday, on shore leave from her cruise and at Orlando for the day. We really wanted to see the Fantasyland expansion, and maybe reignite the spark.

But nope, her mom thinks Disney is for little kids, so they're going to Cocoa Beach instead. This is completely more feasible for me in terms of money, since it's only abut a 20 minute drive and doesn't require paying to go into anything, but now we have to sneak away from her mom for the day, which can only work for so long.

On top of all of this, I'm planning this day in the middle of finals week, but unless I win her back, I may never have a chance to do something like this again, so I'm pulling all the cards on the table here.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Rosalinas Spare Wand

I'm not one for relationships, but you get out there and put your heart on the table. Seriously, that story sounds perfect for a mushy romance movie I'd watch on a Saturday night away from friends, family and the responsibilities of school.

Foggle

Avaitor

The sad thing is, I'm the one who broke up with her, literally JUST before she said that she booked the cruise with the day in Florida. But now I'm the one who regrets the decision and can't go back in easily, which is why I'm trying my damnedest this time.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

All I can say is good luck with it!