The Opposite/Same Sex

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 05:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiddington

Avaitor

The story I posted here earlier? Well, they should be filing for divorce soon (I might tell that story in the very near future, but I don't feel like it right now).

All should be fine and good, right? She's leaving the asshole and has time to live life as a single lady again. Except she's already in a relationship, with some guy she used to have a crush in back in middle and high school but never talked to until just recently. This shouldn't hurt as much as it does, but we've really become close lately, beyond being just really close friends, so I feel a little betrayed and completely unworthy.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Here's a good piece of advice: Don't feel entitled to anything. Even when you do get something you want, be prepared to deal with it being taken away.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

talonmalon333

So ever since the beginning of the school semester back in September, I've gotten to be close friends with a girl. I mean, we bonded really well. We had similar interests, similar sense of humor, all that stuff.

Around the beginning of October, we took that a little further. I was completely interested romantically, and she thought she was too. Honestly, it was perfect. We talked all the time, spent so much time together... it was almost too good to be true. I had liked her that way ever since the second or third week of school. but didn't think anything like that would happen.

Great, right? Well... it happened too soon for her. And coming off of a terrible relationship she had in the sooner with some douchebag, she got overly excited when she met me. Truthfully, she wasn't sure she was interested. She was too nervous to tell me this right away though. So one week she just started acting off. I was really nervous before she finally confessed it a week or so later. She wanted to preserve the strong friendship we had though.

I was hurt by this, very hurt of course. But you know, I handled it pretty adequately. And I still had that hope in the back of my mind. We could still make this work, but we both needed a few months.

So we tried to just be friends... Sadly, she was having trouble coping with it, after what had happened. I made my mistakes too. I was way to pushy, bringing every conversation we had back to "When are we gonna hang out?!". It annoyed her a lot. And we talked about this just last Wednesday. I told her that I would make sure to stop, and that she should tell me immediately if she has a problem with me again.

I was nervous at this point, waiting for Monday to come (we only have class together Monday and Wednesday). I needed to see how our friendship would work from this point on.

Well...

I checked her facebook profile this past Saturday night. And she defriended me. No idea why. I just couldn't believe it. Could barely even breath, actually. I texted her, and she didn't respond. So I did the only thing I could do. I went outside and called her.

Because of everything that was going on, and because our most recent conversations with each other was so awkward... she thought we should just... disconnect from each other from now on. I talked to her for a while, but it was no use really.

Honestly, I feel destroyed. I don't think I've ever felt so emotionally hurt. What makes this twice as bad is the fact that WE STILL HAVE A MONTH OF CLASS LEFT. I still have to sit there in her presence, watching her be herself, and that's too much for me to handle. Monday was agonizing. I don't know how I got through another day, let alone a month. I can't even look at her anymore!

So that's it. Sorry that I'm so depressed, I promise I'll keep it out of this thread... I just don't know what to do. I long ago resigned to the possibility that a romantic relationship wouldn't work, NOT this.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Eh, your kids. You've got time to realize your mistakes.

My only regret about avoiding relationships is that I can't really help my siblings if they suddenly become interested in dating. Thankfully we're kind of an old fashioned family so I don't think I have to worry about them until they're in college at least.

Spark Of Spirit

I echo what RSW said; you have a long healthy life ahead of you, if it doesn't work out then there will always be other opportunities. It's only when you give in to negative feelings that it feels worse than it possibly is.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Quote from: Desensitized on November 15, 2011, 12:30:46 PM
I echo what RSW said; you have a long healthy life ahead of you, if it doesn't work out then there will always be other opportunities. It's only when you give in to negative feelings that it feels worse than it possibly is.

I know you guys are right... I just can't deal with the fact that I have to see her nearly every other day.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

If its any consolation, she's probably feeling the same as you.

I had 2 friends in high school that dated for a couple months. They were really into each other, seemed like a perfect couple and then one day they just split. Things got really awkward in the class, especially when they were left alone with us. Eventually that tension thawed and they were back to hanging out together again.

The point is you can't stop that feel but you will overcome it.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on November 15, 2011, 12:51:56 PM
If its any consolation, she's probably feeling the same as you.

I had 2 friends in high school that dated for a couple months. They were really into each other, seemed like a perfect couple and then one day they just split. Things got really awkward in the class, especially when they were left alone with us. Eventually that tension thawed and they were back to hanging out together again.

The point is you can't stop that feel but you will overcome it.

I hope so. I really do. Once things settle down in a few weeks, I want to ask her if she's willing to be friends again (on her time table, cause I can't be pushy like she said I was).

gunswordfist

Make sure you're in it to just be friends because things could get ugly.

talonmalon333

Quote from: gunswordfist on November 15, 2011, 01:01:57 PM

I am. Romantically, I honestly do feel strongly for her even still. But I give up on that.

gunswordfist

Quote from: talonmalon333 on November 15, 2011, 01:04:56 PM

I am. Romantically, I honestly do feel strongly for her even still. But I give up on that.
Which is why you need to be reminded again and again. Trust me on this.

talonmalon333

Quote from: gunswordfist on November 15, 2011, 01:15:23 PM

You're right. I'm gonna be honest, if I somehow manage to restore our friendship, it'll be tempting. But I'll avoid it.

gunswordfist

Quote from: talonmalon333 on November 15, 2011, 01:38:30 PM

You're right. I'm gonna be honest, if I somehow manage to restore our friendship, it'll be tempting. But I'll avoid it.
Good, just don't forget that. And yes I know I'm repeating myself, which is the point.

talonmalon333

Quote from: gunswordfist on November 15, 2011, 01:54:12 PM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on November 15, 2011, 01:38:30 PM

Good, just don't forget that. And yes I know I'm repeating myself, which is the point.

And I appreciate it, really.

But in response to a post earlier... I'm not sure she's as scared of being in the class with me as I am. This is what she wanted, after all.