The Opposite/Same Sex

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 05:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

It's probably not that simple.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

talonmalon333

Probably.

Either way, I spoke to a counselor today about it (really, I was hyperventilating when explaining the situation to my teacher). I feel much better now. The pain is still there, and it'll probably remain for weeks. But it's less now.

Angus

Quote from: Avaitor on November 15, 2011, 12:48:27 AM
The story I posted here earlier? Well, they should be filing for divorce soon (I might tell that story in the very near future, but I don't feel like it right now).

All should be fine and good, right? She's leaving the asshole and has time to live life as a single lady again. Except she's already in a relationship, with some guy she used to have a crush in back in middle and high school but never talked to until just recently. This shouldn't hurt as much as it does, but we've really become close lately, beyond being just really close friends, so I feel a little betrayed and completely unworthy.

wow, that sucks. now she has baggage, not like she didn't have a ton of that before.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

talonmalon333

If anyone remembers, I recently went through a tough bout with a girl, about a month ago. She's my ex, but more importantly, one of my closest friends.

We avoided each other the entire month. It hurt everyday, but not nearly as bad as that first week did, when I first posted about it. But I decided that, today, we would need to speak, as it was the last day of that class. I want to restore our friendship someday, a month or so. And if she remembers how things were in the beginning, she should want to as well.

Being that today was the last day, it could of potentially been the last time I would ever see her. Though hopefully, that won't be the case.

Three things I wanted to go over with her.

1. Have a good Christmas break!
2. If you ever want to catch up, you have my number.
3. I hope I broke the awkwardness between us a bit.

I successfully caught her as she left the building, and got through all of it... Truthfully, her responses were predictable. Didn't exactly boost my confidence in the future, but didn't damage any chances. She just gave generic "Thanks, you too!" type of responses, which may or may not of had any meaning. By #3  though she was in the middle of turning around to leave, which was slightly saddening. but I don't want to let it get to me. There's still a month before we talk again. Unless she takes up my offer and calls/texts me sometime, which I'd be overjoyed about if it happened.

Do I think our friendship can be fixed? Much as I hate to say it, it's a 50/50 chance. It all depends, really, on how well she remembers what our friendship was like, and how much it meant to her... I'm just scared that she might want me out of her life forever.

gunswordfist

talonmalon333

Quote from: gunswordfist on January 11, 2012, 06:29:18 PM
Leave that shit alone.

In typical gunswordfist matter, I have no idea what you're talking about or who you are responding to. :sly:

In case you decided to respond to me... a month late, I've got an update on that... Screw Jenny. She doesn't deserve a second chance. The day she does is the day SHE comes to ME. I shouldn't have to come to her when she's the one who screwed up. I know I said I would try again, but I also said I made mistakes with that relationship. In truth, I never did. Jenny just has clinical depression, and decided to stir up drama to feel better about herself because she was afraid of being happy with me (common trait in people with clinical depression). She screwed me over, and I don't need someone like that in my life. I'm feeling much better now and can live without ever seeing her again.

gunswordfist

Now you are sounding like a typical man i.e. a jackass. :sly:

Commode

It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Kiddington

talonmalon333

Quote from: gunswordfist on January 13, 2012, 04:16:29 PM
Now you are sounding like a typical man i.e. a jackass. :sly:

Am I the one who screwed her over? No. She's the one who fucked up. Can you honestly sit there and tell me that I need someone like that in my life? If she deserves my friendship, she'll come back to me and right what she wronged. I left the door open for her, to allow for another chance, but she's the one who has to make the decision.

But yeah, sure, I'm the idiot here.

gunswordfist

Now you sound like a woman.  :sly:

Seriously, I agree with your decision.

talonmalon333

Quote from: gunswordfist on January 14, 2012, 05:32:12 PM
Now you sound like a woman.  :sly:

Seriously, I agree with your decision.

Oh. Well geez bro, cut me some slack. It's clearly a touchy subject. :sweat:

gunswordfist

Quote from: talonmalon333 on January 14, 2012, 06:34:21 PM