The Opposite/Same Sex

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 05:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiddington

Quote from: Nel_Annette on March 24, 2013, 02:28:40 AM
Quote from: Kiddington on March 24, 2013, 01:08:37 AM
That sinking feeling when you're madly attracted to a girl that already has a boyfriend...

Is there no hope for me?  :cry:

I've been in the same boat for about 2 years now. Don't feel too bad. Nice cute nerdy girl at work. Want it, can't have it.

That's exactly what I'm dealing with right now.

In hindsight, workplace romance is never a good idea, so it's probably for the best... but man, I just can't get enough of her. She's so great, and her boyfriend is such a lowlife fucking douche (and I'm not just saying this out of jealousy; I've met the guy, and he really is an asshole), and every time I see them together I just...  :burn:

I'm always a step or two behind, man. I don't know how this keeps happening, but it does. Such is life I suppose.

Nel_Annette

Yeah, seems like every opportunity I've had with a women in the past 6 years has been cut down by something. My schedule, her schedule, friends, some other dude I didn't know about.

And my own idiocy and crippling shallowness, but why blame myself.  :blush:

I just feel like the well's getting dry as I get older. All the women I like are disappearing off the market, leaving me with the socially awkward, the white trash, or the overly goody-goody.

Avaitor

Literally every possible girl that would be suitable for me that I meet in my area is taken, so yeah, I know how you feel.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Angus

Well don't drop your regular hobbies; you never know when the seemingly random thing you enjoy becomes the thing that attracts your  future partner.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

talonmalon333

I talked a bit about this in the past. Tonight was the last concert at the music venue I work for. And depending on whether or not she's able to work next summer, tonight could have very well been the last time I'd ever see my boss, the girl I have strong feelings for. For weeks now, I'd been trying to figure out what I do and don't want to say to her before the season ends. In the end tonight, rather than tell her how I feel, I decided to just let her go. It would be better for her not to know. There's a chance she'll be back and I'll be working with her again next year, so I don't want any of that getting in the way.

Lord Il

Quote from: talonmalon333 on September 29, 2013, 02:04:54 AM
I talked a bit about this in the past. Tonight was the last concert at the music venue I work for. And depending on whether or not she's able to work next summer, tonight could have very well been the last time I'd ever see my boss, the girl I have strong feelings for. For weeks now, I'd been trying to figure out what I do and don't want to say to her before the season ends. In the end tonight, rather than tell her how I feel, I decided to just let her go. It would be better for her not to know. There's a chance she'll be back and I'll be working with her again next year, so I don't want any of that getting in the way.
It sucks that she has to be your boss. Otherwise I would be screaming at you to confess to her at this very moment or possibly regret not doing so further down the road.

While I can't speak from experience, having a relationship with a co-worker or boss has got to be a dangerously slippery slope. I would personally try to avoid it.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Lord Il on September 29, 2013, 06:26:33 PM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on September 29, 2013, 02:04:54 AM
It sucks that she has to be your boss. Otherwise I would be screaming at you to confess to her at this very moment or possibly regret not doing so further down the road.

While I can't speak from experience, having a relationship with a co-worker or boss has got to be a dangerously slippery slope. I would personally try to avoid it.

I haven't seen this post until now. I apologize for that. I'm going to pull a GSF and respond to it late.

At this point it's been just over two weeks since then. I'm actually not sure if it has totally hit me yet. Because funny enough, since the concert season had begun in June, this hasn't even been the longest stretch of time I have gone without working (despite the fact that it's done until next year). I've done a lot of thinking about the time I spent with her, what was said, what wasn't said, and all that. Overall, I feel like I made the right decision by remaining silent about how I feel, but I won't know for sure until next year, when it's absolute whether or not she'll be returning.

But I really do miss Julia. Here's to hoping she'll be back next summer!

gunswordfist

why is saying "pull a gsf" so popular?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

talonmalon333

I can't help but notice that, other than GSF's post, the most recent discussion in this thread is the thing I was dealing with last summer. That's going on again. I wasn't sure if she'd be back this summer, but she is. At this point, we're pretty much well into the concert season again.

Kiddington

I'm surprised it's been so long since I've posted/complained in this thread. Guess that's what Twitter is for.

...........aaaaanyway it's pretty amazing to me how little things can really change over the course of (nearly) two years. I'm still very much single, although I did date a girl for a few months back in Jan-Feb (so at least THAT dry spell has finally busted). It was kiiiiind of a disaster though, she broke up with me after a couple weeks, and now I haven't even been on a date since, with a whole new dry spell creeping in (going on 6 months!). Eyep.

Ah well..........it is what it is, as they say.