The Opposite/Same Sex

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 05:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queen Rissa

"I was always fascinated by people who are considered completely normal, because I find them the weirdest of all." -Johnny Depp

So.... I have no idea.

Every girl is different in their preferences, that may or may not have any connection to their personality.

A more popular girl may like the same type of guy as a loner, but her friends may like a different type.

Girls of all shapes and sizes like gius of all shapes and sizes.

Most guys believe that only a certain type of girl would like them, but they don't like that type of girl, so there is nobody out there for them.

That is simply not true.
"The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live"

"If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten"

Avaitor

Hmm, true.

And knowing me, do you think I'll ever find someone?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Queen Rissa

Of course I do. Even the most insane boys who beat girls find someone, even if it doesn't work.

You're far better than almost every boy I've ever met. There's no way you won't meet a special girl.
"The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live"

"If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten"

Angus

From what I've seen, being nerdy or quirky's alright, but if you have any "red flag" issues or unhealthy habits then that's far worse. Also, if you're on the spectrum, it's good to get some extra practice with social cues. It also helps if you have about the same amount or less of emotional baggage since if there's a huge imbalance, then you'll feel more like a therapist or patient.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

skyesweetcherry

Umm...hey, I'm new, but maybe some people know that I have a huge obsession with Sterling Knight... *points at avatar & custom rank*

:P

March 5th - Sterling Knight's Birthday :D

Avaitor

Hey Cherry.

Yeah, like I didn't know that. :P
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

skyesweetcherry

Hey Judas :)

Hehe, I think you (and Rissa) are the only one's in here that know more of my Sterling obsession xD

Avaitor

Yeah, Rissa's the only other member here with an account.

The guys know of my Demi addiction obviously. Or at least I think they do...

Thanks for my desktop, btw.

New blog!

skyesweetcherry

When I joined & uploaded my avatar & siggy, I looked through the pages & I'm the only one who has a "Demi & Sterling" siggy and I was like: O_O I'm gonna be the strange girl xD

And welcome about the desktop :)

Avaitor

Ugh.

So I've been going through a lot recently. I haven't been wanting to delve into just what's been going on, exactly, but now I feel like I need to vent.

So there's this girl I really like. We met a couple of times before, but it wasn't until about a month or two ago that we really started getting close. The girl is smart, beautiful, and shares a lot of similar interests to me. We clicked instantly when I quoted Scott Pilgrim one night, and started talking about how the graphic novels were superior to the movie. She's really big on comics (Spider-Man is her favorite super hero. +1), anime/manga, literature, and a lot of the same music I'm into. Her favorite band is The Smiths, and on the flip side, she tried to make it to the Iron Maiden show I went to before I really knew her, but tried too late. We've had many a good discussion on Poe, Led Zeppelin, Toonami, and film all over the spectrum, among numerous other subjects, a lot of which I could never have with any of my other friends. Even my friends called her the girl version of me when they first met her.

The problem? She's engaged. Actually, she got married yesterday. They weren't supposed to get married this soon, but he's heading off to Germany as a part of his training by the end of the month, as opposed to in the middle of August like they thought, so they had to pull everything ahead of schedule. Although she has to wait to sign some paper work, so she's staying for a couple of weeks after he leaves, then will head off for him.

The guy was in basic, and only came back about a week ago. She was spending time with her friends in between to kill time, but had no interest in dating anyone else. They were mostly getting married so soon because her family's financial situation was becoming tighter, and she thought that she needed to settle down and find security. She was in school for cosmetology, but had to drop out due to lack of funds. She did have a job, which she's leaving in a few weeks when she heads out. It's bullshit, but "what she needs".

I would be fine with this and let her live her life, if he wasn't such a douchebag. The few times I met the guy, he's been an asshole to his friends and very judgmental to the new people he met, while purposefully insulting anyone.

For one example, the first day I met him was the same day that Ronnie James Dio died. One of my best friends, who's a fellow fan of the man, called to tell me this, while I freaked out. This guy's response? "I don't care. Rock sucks."

Great first impression. She's a fan too, and tried to support the legend, while he gave her shit for liking rock.

But it goes deeper than just being an ass to everyone else. He's even attempted to cheat on her before, with one of her best friend's sisters, no less. She has come from a long history of cheating, so this unfortunately was nothing new to her, but nonetheless shocking. He's also tried to hit on other girls a few times, but failed on his face each time.

There's more about him too, but I'm forgetting some of it. The long of their relationship is that they have been going out on and off since middle school, but have only been together seriously for about 2 years, and in those 2 years, she's dealt with a lot of bullshit.

No one really seemed to support this wedding. I think that she deserves someone better, even if it's not me, and most if not all of our friends agree with this statement. His family hates her for not being Hispanic like them, and for some other silly reasons. And her family never liked him much to begin with, but were willing to support her all the way.

Even she had second doubts while he was away, because he has put her through a lot. We've been talking to her and supporting her as much as we can, but she thinks that she's going to be happy with him. She does, at least. Us? Not so much.

I didn't go to the wedding, to the after party, which I hear was a lot of fun. Partly because I didn't know if I was invited since it was so last minute (apparently I was, though), but mostly since I didn't think I could handle being there.

What's done is done. If they really are happy together, then I'll be happy for her, but I can't help but feel like the worst is bound to happen.

What really kills me is that my best friend was talking to her the day before they got married, and I came up. She says that she thought we instantly clicked due to having so many interests, and could tell that I liked her (everyone else could...), but thought that I was more interested in being her friend since I had so few close girl friends. She did say that she would have gone out with me, though.

I'm still trying to decide if I made the right choice by being quiet and not tell her exactly what I felt about her, or if I should have come out. And it's too late to do anything about that now.

New blog!

Foggle

Sorry to hear about all that, man. Life can be really fucking rough.

This guy sounds like bad news all around. Did he ever abuse your friend or anything like that? It seems as if a reason she might have gone through with the marriage could be because she was afraid of what he might do had she broken it off, but, then again, I don't know either of them in real life and I'm not that great at judging character. Hope everything turns out alright, for you and everyone else.

Avaitor

Quote from: Foggle on July 17, 2011, 11:12:34 PM
This guy sounds like bad news all around. Did he ever abuse your friend or anything like that?
As far as we know, he has not. According to her, while he's easy to threaten and consider picking up a fight, he's a total lightweight and couldn't throw a punch. She thinks that even scrawny little herself could beat him up. He did come back from basic with little more muscle tone than before, so she may be right

Anything is possible though, and we're afraid of that happening. When they're out in Germany without her close friends to give her support, that could just possibly happen. Who knows.

New blog!

Angus

I'd be concerned if she only knew about him for a month and then got married, but the on and off again thing for two years makes me think she's seen enough sides of him that she's willing to give up training for a new career and take on his crap for the rest of her life.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

talonmalon333

Man, that really sucks. I don't know either of them, obviously. But from what I hear, and I could be wrong, but I really don't think this marriage will work out... No matter if it lasts forever or not.

Avaitor

Whoever said good things come to those who wait is a fucking liar.

New blog!