Ushio & Tora

Started by Spark Of Spirit, July 10, 2015, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

I'm on the season 2 premiere now. I was going to wait until tomorrow, but the season 1 finale was too good for me to wait. :D

The build up to the battle against Hakumen no Mono is really tight, and the episode is off to a good start to get us prepped for the season.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

The last third of the series (season two) is perhaps one of my favorite finales to any shonen series that I've seen.

Spark Of Spirit

U&T get Nendoroid figures.

Some good poses in there:

I'm glad to see this series still getting support even after having ended.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

I don't usually buy figures, but I might make an exception for these.  ;D

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Wow! These actually look legitimately great. I would buy all three of those; especially the one of Tora eating the "hambarker". :D

gunswordfist

Get me the first one!
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Markness

I would love to see them get the SH Figuarts treatment. I would be like  :worship: to Bandai.

gunswordfist

I completed episode 8 of Ushio & Tora on my rewatch. I love how summer blockbuster the way Fusuma gets beaten is. Being reminded of how Ushio loves to try and encourage others through their character flaws makes me like him that much more. And:

Spark Of Spirit

That was my favorite "standalone" episode in the series. Both Ushio and Tora get some great moments, the action and setting is really cool, and the ending shot is one of my favorites.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Not a bad pick! I forgot to mention how much I loved Tora bouncing around the airplane like a flying little kid. Seeing them in public transportation is always funny. hahaha

Spark Of Spirit

I saw this posted in Sentai's newest Q&A on their site:

QuoteSINCE YOU GUYS WILL DUB GATE AND USHIO & TORA FOR #THEDUBSARECOMING DOES THAT MEAN GATE AND USHIO & TORA SEASON 1 & 2 SHOULD BE TOGETHER OR THERE ALL BEEN SEPARATE SINCE THESE 2 ANIMES HAVE 2 SEASONS?

All 39 episodes of Ushio and Tora are actually all part of one season, hence we are planning to consolidate them into one release (versus the split releases of the past for longer shows like Akame ga Kill! and Parasyte -the maxim-). (Our first non-split release was My Love Story!!)
So it looks like the series will be getting one release of all 39 episodes? Color me surprised. I wonder why they're doing it that way instead of putting them out in three sets of 13 episodes? You would figure more people would be willing to jump in at a lower price.

Guess we'll wait and see. I hope they release some details on it soon. The anime is almost two years old now.

LumRanmaYasha

There are pros and cons to releasing it this way. Pros being getting it all at once and it taking less shelfspace and possibly less cost overall. Cons being a high price which while potentially less than what you'd have to pay to get three separate sets is a bit of a turn off to spend all at once. Regardless, I want to have it so I'm hoping they give us a release date sometime soon.

gunswordfist

This is amazing. I might completely hold off my rewatch until I get this.

Spark Of Spirit

Finally it has a release date of August 29th.

There's also apparently a premium box set for the series.

Not sure why it took so long, but glad to see it coming.

VLordGTZ