Swat Kats: Revolution

Started by Daikun, July 23, 2015, 05:54:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Holy crap! The Tremblay Brothers have launched a Kickstarter to revive Swat Kats!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1820796125/swat-kats-revolution

Spark Of Spirit

Wow. Smart idea!

I hope it gets funded.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Peanutbutter

I'm on board, as Swat Kats still holds up even by today's standards. A newer reboot with the creators has a ton of potential. But how is this possible? Can they really do a funding campaign when the show is owned by Warner Bros./Time Warner?

gunswordfist

Some weird partnership like GameFreak has with Nintendo?

Spark Of Spirit

It's probably to gauge interest in a revival. If it gets a certain number funded, WB will probably greenlight it. This kickstarter is a way to see if there's an audience for it and to persuade WB to go forward with it. Think Yooka Laylee and Bloodstained: Their producers needed to see the demand before they fully committed to it.

In other words, fans should jump on this as it might be their only chance for a revival.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

I love video game analogies! Yay!

Spark Of Spirit

It's already almost funded. In one day. I'd love to see what the last 48 hour rush will look like, but at this rate it looks like it's a safe bet that this will get funding.

Peanutbutter

Awesome! Too bad a five part miniseries is all they'll be able to do, but it's understandable. Hopefully, they'll do well enough for Cartoon Network or whomever to greenlight this.

gunswordfist

That is awesome!! This makes me want to get around to watching all the episodes of the original show. 1 of the 4 90s action cartoons I want to complete. 5, if Darkwing counts.

Daikun

Base funding reached!

Quote from: Peanutbutter on July 23, 2015, 06:26:58 PMCan they really do a funding campaign when the show is owned by Warner Bros./Time Warner?

According to the stretch goal image, that's not the case anymore.

QuoteWe own the TV rights to produce new episodes of Swat Kats, along with all theatrical film rights. We can do whatever we desire to do, and with your support, we can go a long way and produce exciting new entertainment.

Daikun

Nameless

How did the Tremblay brothers get the rights back from WB? I noticed that they gave the rights to the Xiaolin Showdown IP back to Christy Hui too...

gunswordfist

How Xiaolin Showdown got another series before....anything is a greater mystery to me.