We Bare Bears

Started by Daikun, July 24, 2015, 07:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

I suppose it's about time we did a thread on this show. CN has been promoting the hell out of this over the past month, and it's finally having a week-long premiere this Monday at 6:30PM.

We Bare Bears is the creation of Daniel Chong, and it's based on his short-lived webcomic from a few years ago. He later decided to adapt it into an animated short, which won an award at an animation festival in Amsterdam. This impressed CN enough to pick it up for a series. The show is about three bears--Grizz, Panda, and Ice--who awkwardly try to adjust to human life in San Francisco.

While looking up more info on this series, I was surprised to find Randy Myers in the credits. Remember him? He worked on past CN hits like PPG and Samurai Jack.

Avaitor

This looks pretty cute, so I'm down to give it a go.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

I'll admit that my expectations for this series were actually pretty low.

Thankfully, this show turned out to be better than I'd hoped. We're three episodes in, and I'm already impressed. Check it out if you haven't yet.

Nel_Annette

I hope it's like Clarence where I start liking it more over time. Only saw one episode but I found it pretty weak.

Peanutbutter

Saw the first episode earlier today. I really liked it. I wasn't sure what kind of humor it'd have, but it was funny. Particularly the ending to "Our Stuff". I won't even spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it, just trust me you won't see it coming.

Avaitor

I'm playing catch-up with this show, and I'm really enjoying it. This reminds me of Regular Show at its most fun and energetic, but the bears have a strong enough chemistry to make it its own.

"Ice Bear settled that out of court."
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Daikun

Peanutbutter

Wow, that was fast. But the series has already been very fun to watch a few episodes in, so I'm glad. I just hope Cartoon Network can get even more cartoons to vary their schedule.

gunswordfist

I watched some of this last week. To me, it was like a random mid-levl 90s Nicktoon - y'all laugh at it a few times then forget about it.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daxdiv

Grizzly is my favorite bear.

Avaitor

If the latest episode is any indication, this is already growing into another really good one. I'm glad to see that we'll be able to watch it transform into a great.

New blog!

Peanutbutter

If I wasn't sold on this show before, "Shush Ninjas" definitely clinched it for me.  :lol:

Mr. Big

Started watching some. So far it's alright. Let's see how later episodes hold up.

Daikun

Daikun