We Bare Bears

Started by Daikun, July 24, 2015, 07:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

New episodes all next week at 7PM.

Avaitor

Getting a TV movie and a baby bears spin-off.

Not bad, although I honestly haven't caught up with the show in a while. I do wonder if this is the end for the main series however, since it sounds like there hasn't been talk of another season after this current one.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

LumRanmaYasha

I've fallen behind on the show and need to get caught up, but a spinoff about the Baby Bears sounds great since those tend to be some of their best episodes. Really looking forward to the movie too.

Daikun

Baby bears episodes became a lot more frequent as the series went on, especially in the past year.
I wonder if this spinoff will be an opportunity to separate the baby and adult bear episodes into their own shows (much like Cow & Chicken and I.M. Weasel), or if they'll just make the baby bears the main content of the series.

Daikun

Movie trailer.

Drops digitally June 8 30.

Daikun

The movie is available now on Amazon and Fandango.

The movie was going to be delayed till June 30, but I guess these two services didn't get the memo.
UPDATE: They've taken it down.

EDIT: Going by the wording of this article, it seems to imply that the show is likely over.

Avaitor

I'm not surprised- I surmised as much when the spin-off was announced. It would be overkill to have the baby bears show and the OG series on at the same time. Maybe if it was a SpongeBob-level megahit, but I've had the impression that it's more marketable than popular.

I stopped watching the show midway through season 2. It's cute, but hardly something I'm attached to. I might catch the movie if it airs on CN or goes to HBO Max, but I have no desire to buy it.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

Just watched the movie. It's pretty good, and I can see why CN delayed its release. The plot of the movie hits WAY too close to home in regards to recent events. Pulling it for a few weeks was the right call.

Anyway, Daniel Chong has left Cartoon Network and isn't involved with the Baby Bears spinoff.

I guess it's safe to say our time with this show is done.

Peanutbutter

So as far as the main series is concerned, the Movie is the series finale I take it?

Daikun

Daikun

CN is airing the movie September 7.

Daikun

First look at We Baby Bears.

Yeah, it doesn't even look like Chong's baby (pun intended) at this point.

Peanutbutter

At least its not the "CalArts" style some cartoon nerds on Twitter have been whinging about, assuming that's indeed the style the show will have.

Daikun