Batman: The Brave & The Bold

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 11, 2011, 07:08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on July 22, 2014, 12:35:13 PMI guess Daikun has never seen any of these movies, then:

Batman Forever
Batman & Robin
Mystery of the Batwoman
Son of Batman

The only one I haven't seen is Son of Batman.

Dr. Insomniac

Or that Batman serial where Robin says "You're as yellow as your skin" to the fiendishly Japanese doctor.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on July 22, 2014, 06:08:45 PMOr that Batman serial where Robin says "You're as yellow as your skin" to the fiendishly Japanese doctor.

That settles it, Daikun's racist! :>

Daikun

LumRanmaYasha

Hmm? That's nothing that wasn't already known, at least about those two particular episodes.

gunswordfist

Well I didn't know. :> When I saw Matches Malone, I knew it was about the song...
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

favorite villains:

4. equinox
3. gorilla grodd
2. owlman
1. the joker

Spark Of Spirit

My top ten:

1. Equinox
2. The Faceless Hunter
3. Darkseid
4. The Joker
5. The Gentleman Ghost
6. Owlman
7. Kite Man
8. Gorilla Grodd
9. Mr. Mind
10. Sinestro

Honorable mention goes to the Cavalier who is hilarious.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Come to think of it, I don't recall there being a single character that I disliked in this series, hero, villain, or otherwise. That's a pretty big testament to how well written they all are, especially considering how even many of my most favorite shows still have characters that I can't stand, as minor as some of them may be.

Out of all of the characters on the show, I'd say that the only ones that I wasn't super crazy about were The Metal Men and Captain Atom, and even then, I didn't necessarily dislike any of them, but rather just found them kind of underdeveloped.

Also, my villains list would probably be pretty similar to Desensitized's, so instead, here is a list of my favorite heroes on the show:

1. Blue Beetle
2. Aqua Man
3. Plastic Man
4. Booster Gold
5. Batman
6. Wildcat
7. Firestorm
8. Red Tornado
9. Dr. Fate
10. Green Arrow

Honorable Mentions: Pretty much just about every other hero on the show. I also wanted to include at least one member of the Birds of Prey, but I just couldn't find the room, because the roster is just that intense. Also, it was hard to leave off B'Wana Beast as well, but I just had to make some cuts.

gunswordfist

captain atom was one of my favorites while the first metal men episode was one my very least favorite. honestly, except for a few shorts, one or two being the only "episodes" i don't like/care for, it is my least favorite episode.

Spark Of Spirit

The hero list is just as robust. Good choices. It's incredible how they managed to fit so many heroes and villains in this show and gave them all individual characteristics and personalities. Not to mention introducing the best version of Aquaman there ever was. Yes, I went there.

For heroes, I would go with:

1. Batman (The best combination of Silver Age fun and Bronze Age seriousness I've ever seen)
2. The Blue Beetle (I thought he came off better here than in Young Justice, and was very relate-able. Ted Kord is great, too.)
3. Aquaman (There isn't a moment in the show where he isn't awesome)
4. Booster Gold (His JLU appearances were great, but they were at a whole new level in this show)
5. Wildcat (That part of the Golden Age that refuses to stay down)
6. Green Arrow (Oliver's arrogance is too much, especially when paired with Speedy)
7. Guy Gardner (Everything I hoped he would be)
8. Black Canary (I think every one of her appearances are near the top of what this show was capable of)
9. Martian Manhunter (His boringness actually works to his advantage)
10. OMAC / Buddy Blank (They should have had more appearances)

I so wanted to fit the Haunted Tank on here so badly. The general deserves his own show.

Captain Atom might have been stuck up, but I think he makes up for it by being in the episode with the craziest song. The Metal Men also got that whole camp vibe going for them, which was fine for the few episodes they were in.

Daikun

gunswordfist

too few appearances...but then again, his debut was awesome. plus i like jonah hex more than bb and aquaman, despite his little screentime.