Batman: The Brave & The Bold

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 11, 2011, 07:08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I just watched "Revenge of the Reach!" I swear, any Blue Beetle centered episode is an instant favorite for me. I don't know what it is, but I just like this character in this series (and I've never read any DC superhero comics, let alone anything about Blue Beetle). Come to think of it, he was also easily my favorite new character in the 2nd season of Young Justice, though they were both the young Blue Beetle rather than either of his predecessors.

At any rate, this show is certainly turning out to be possibly the best DC animated series that I've seen. And really, it is more of a DCU show than it is a Batman show, with Batman just pairing up with anywhere from one to a few other heroes in each episode, but that works out to the show's favor just fine, IMO.

Spark Of Spirit

Ted Kord (the second Blue Beetle) is really good in the show, too. He was handled way better in the show than he was in the comics. Especially considering what they did to him.

Though I don't dislike any of the characters. Which is one of my favorite aspects of the show.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I just watched "Chill of the Night!"

For a series that's mostly full of campy and light-hearted humor and adventures, it can pull off a completely dark episode quite well.

Avaitor

Oh yeah, that was great stuff. It would definitely fit in B:TAS, but works perfectly well for TB&TB.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yeah, it definitely helps that this show had some great writers working on it. Hell, I even saw that Greg Weisman wrote an episode of the show. It was the one titled "Death Race to Oblivion!"

I think he also wrote the episode "Requiem for a Scarlet Speedster!" That's actually an episode that I managed to catch way back when it aired on TV, and it was yet another great episode of the show.

hobbyfan

CN's current administration doesn't know a good thing when they've got it. They schedule as if they're a pay channel (like sister networks HBO/Cinemax), with "weekly" series airing different days of the week, burning each episode out too quickly in order to get it out on DVD ASAP. Wrong way to go.

I too got a kick out of that Space Ghost cold open, but I didn't see it on TV. I saw it on YouTube, thanks to a TZ compadre who is also a regular correspondent on my blogs. Those of us of a certain age will remember Gary Owens as the TRUE Space Ghost, even though he did parody that iconic gig when he did Powdered Toast Man on Ren & Stimpy 25 years later.

IMPO, CN ended the show too soon, and should've kept it around as part of DC Nation (1 hour does not a quality block make, actually) until Beware the Batman is ready to roll out. Diedrich Bader may've only been known as one of Drew Carey's sidekicks before this, but now he's got some cred. His Conroyesque Batman was just awesome.

I've got to see that baseball game ep, which I believe was adapted from a 70's comic book.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on April 17, 2013, 11:39:44 PM
I just watched "Chill of the Night!"

For a series that's mostly full of campy and light-hearted humor and adventures, it can pull off a completely dark episode quite well.
I think that's probably the best version of a story about Bruce's parents getting killed. You can tell how guilty he felt that night because of how he acted on Christmas and at the theater (which ultimately lead to that faithful moment in the alley). The part when his parents come from Heaven, tell Bruce that they are proud of him and ask him to come with them was also great.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

For dinner yesterday, I watched the first Adam Strange episode for the first time in years. Between the wonderfully cheesy dialogue, the retro cartoon style alien villain leader voice acting to the action adventure on an alien planet, I'm in love. Plus the episode started with the debut of Equinox. I was just thinking about him. That was the first time an intro villain escaped.

Well, I am about to watch the next episode for dinner. I've been doing this a lot ;D

Spark Of Spirit

I need to re-watch the show and put together a top 10.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

That sounds hard. So many good episodes.

I watched the Sherlock Holmes and Huntress episodes. I have never seen a cartoon character be such a horndog.

Spark Of Spirit

Well, my feature will deal with a good chunk of my favorites, so hopefully that will suffice.

If anybody has any episodes they'd like to see me cover, feel free to ask.  :)

gunswordfist

LumRanmaYasha

Yeah, I think you'll review all the best/obvious episodes I can think of ( of course, there's always others I could suggest  ;) ). However, and I just want to make sure, you will review "The Mask of Matches Malone," right?  :humhumhum:

Spark Of Spirit

We'll see if there's enough to talk about as I intend to talk about the episodes that have the most material. But that doesn't necessarily limit it to more serious episodes. I'll just have to see how it goes since I'm starting from near the start of season 1 and working my way forward.

I also don't want to talk about all of them because I want people to watch the show.  ;)

Gotta leave them wanting more!

gunswordfist

I am definitely continuing my viewing of the show myself tonight ;D