Batman: The Brave & The Bold

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 11, 2011, 07:08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on October 06, 2013, 09:45:41 PM
We'll see if there's enough to talk about as I intend to talk about the episodes that have the most material. But that doesn't necessarily limit it to more serious episodes. I'll just have to see how it goes since I'm starting from near the start of season 1 and working my way forward.

I also don't want to talk about all of them because I want people to watch the show.  ;)

Gotta leave them wanting more!

"The Mask of Matches Malone" has the Birds of Prey song. I think that's reason/material enough to go over it.  :D

But I understand your idea, though. It is best to highlight the best and most must-see episodes the show has to offer to hook people into checking out the show. I'll be interested in seeing which episodes you'll cover.  :)

Peanutbutter

Just to be clear, each season has a box set available now, right?

You know, thinking about this show, is there any episode of this series people don't like? Everyone always mentions Creepers, Moon of the Wolf, I've Got Batman in My Basement when talking about their least favorite episodes of B: TAS. But I swear, withe Brave and the Bold, I haven't seen or heard anyone name a specific episode they've hated, or at least not notably hated like the above mentioned episodes.

That's pretty darn impressive, especially for a recent series when you think about it.  O0

Spark Of Spirit

The entire series is available on DVD and fairly cheap to collect.

But to be completely honest, there isn't a single episode of this show that I dislike. Some episodes I don't like as much as others do or some episodes I like more than others do, but there's not a single episode I would even call mediocre. Outside of Spectacular Spider-Man I don't think I can say that for a non-DCAU superhero show and none of those shows are anything like TB&TB.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

I'm wrapping up season 1 right now, and I have to say that this might be one of the best first seasons of any show I've seen. It's quite amazing how they knew what they wanted out of the gate and succeeded so handily. I've already got a chunk of episodes chosen for the feature and I'm sort of wondering how many I'm going to end up doing total though I'm aiming for a rough number.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on October 07, 2013, 07:59:05 PM
I'm wrapping up season 1 right now, and I have to say that this might be one of the best first seasons of any show I've seen. It's quite amazing how they knew what they wanted out of the gate and succeeded so handily. I've already got a chunk of episodes chosen for the feature and I'm sort of wondering how many I'm going to end up doing total though I'm aiming for a rough number.
That's what I've been saying. They knew what they wanted this show to be from Day 1 and they pulled it off.

Last night, I watched the first Booster Gold and then Robin episode. Not as good as most of the previous episodes due to them turning Bats into a punching bag so the sidekicks could shine and me not caring for each episode's villain but Booster Gold and Robin came off as very likable to me. Heck, they may be my 2nd and 3rd favorite Bat allies. Hint: my favorite isn't Aquaman or Green Arrow.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Issue #1 releases today!

I got it done ahead of schedule and without the massive formatting errors I was getting!

Yay!  8)

Foggle

Cool stuff! That was a lot longer and more detailed than I expected. I really do need to watch more than five episodes of this series. :sweat:

Tuesdays are probably good days to post these. I'll have Kill la Kill articles on Thursdays, Dalek's got Valvrave blogs for Fridays, and Insommy'll usually gets his Korra write-ups in on Saturdays.

Spark Of Spirit

Thanks, it's one of my personal favorites. I was aiming for Wednesday, but managed to get it done early since I had so much to say. If Tuesdays are fine then I can try for that instead.

I can only hope future episodes will be just as inspiring to write about.

Foggle

Wednesday is good too. Really, any day is, just letting you know that we'll be blogging on Thursday-Saturday as well. ;)

Just don't feel like there's a set amount you have to write. If you can do 5000 words for one episode, go for it, but if you can only do 500, that's also just fine!

gunswordfist

I just finished the OMAC episode. I am liking Equinox.

Over the last few days I also watched the Tornado Tyrant, Bat-Mite, Kamandi and Jonah Hex/War World. I am loving all the Jack Kirby love. That would be them having an entire Kamandi episode (I probably should read those comics) and Batman fought Darkseid's uncle, Steppenwolf in the War World episode (Kirby created both Darkseid and his uncle for those who don't know. Steppenwolf can also be seen in Darkseid's first JL episode where he sends his uncle to his death which is a nod to the comics in which he also has him get into a battle that gets him killed.) I wonder if Stomper and Lashwhatshername are also Kirby creations. They were sent from Apokolips to fight Superman in STAS along with another supervillainess. Also they showed Miracle Man and his wife (Barda? I forget her name.) Both were in JLU and I think Barda is the same woman in the Batman Beyond Justice League. IDK. I could go on forever.

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Well worth it. Though unless they would spring for special features I probably won't double-dip.

But if you don't own the show, I recommend these over the DVDs. Double the episode count at only slightly high pricing.

Avaitor

Yeah, I've been planning on getting the DVDs ever since they started doing (semi) season sets, but I might wait for the other seasons to come out on Blu instead.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Well, season 3 is 13 episodes regardless so that won't make much of a difference, but for the first two seasons it's basically half-price.

If you have Blu-ray, anyway. :D

gunswordfist

I watched Music Meister today. That song is going to be stuck in my head forever again...