Batman: The Brave & The Bold

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 11, 2011, 07:08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Oh my god, that finale. It's beautiful. I especially loved the MWC reference (this is coming from a Jefferson fan, BTW).

Favorite moments? Well, anything that Dini wrote, obviously. So yeah, the Bat-Mite eps, "Chill of the Night", and the Space Ghost cold open.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

Favourite moment, bar none, was watching the Birds of Prey sing about how every superhero but Batman sucked in bed.

Spark Of Spirit

Personally, I thought the finale had way too much fourth wall stuff for my tastes, but the final few moments were a good way to end it. I'll definitely miss this show.

My favorite moments probably include anything with Aquaman or Plastic Man.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Maybe it did, but I couldn't stop laughing throughout. And you have to admit that it does still fit Bat-Mite's character.

The ending was great, but kind of kills the chance for syndication. But hey, we should be getting the whole series on DVD, so that shouldn't be too big of a loss.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Oh yeah, Batmite is always a hoot.

I did like the shoutout to the voice actors, though. They deserve their due.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

So I managed to pick up season 2 part 1 and season 2 part 2 when I went to see Brave. That would mean I only have one set left to get.

Honestly, I can't believe how few duds this series has. Even the more standard episode usually has a hook to pull it off and make it work. The usage of Silver Age tributes without winking irony and just being straightforward and honest with what's going on is really what makes the show so good. I'm gonna say it one last time...

Watch. This. Show.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm about half-way through season 1, so far. Currently, Blue Beetle is my personal favorite recurring side-character. I just love the mentor/idol-to-student kind of relationship that he has with Batman in this series. He sees Batman as the ultimate hero, and whenever they work together, Batman makes it a point to guide him into unlocking his full potential as a hero. It really reminds me of the sort of relationship that Bruce had with Terry in Batman Beyond, and the fact that Blue Beetle in this series is also voiced by will Friedle only helps me further cement that idea. I really hope I get to see at least a few more appearances from Blue Beetle throughout this series. Green Arrow is also a fun recurring character, as well.

Spark Of Spirit

Blue Beetle gets a lot of time to shine in the series and they don't make him as OP as he is in Young Justice. I was pleasantly surprised how much I liked every side-character in the show whether hero or villain or neither. Characterization in TB&TB was top notch.

Also, I think this show has the best version of Aquaman by far.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, I saw the episode "Deep Cover for Batman!" and just wanted to say that, in all honesty, I liked this episode better than the entirety of the Crisis on Infinite Earths movie (which really didn't click with me, for whatever reason). I just couldn't help but compare it to that movie since it was basically the same general concept and plot, but IMO this campy version of it was much more entertaining.

Then I saw the 2nd part of the 2-parter, which was the episode titled "Game Over for Owlman!," and I honestly believe that this show's Joker my just turn out to be my favorite iteration of the character. I'm dead serious. I mean, I love Hamil's Joker and whatnot, but The Joker in this show was just so much damn fun, or at least he was in this episode. I hope to see him make more appearances in this show, because this may be the only time where The Joker has genuinely made me laugh (which is pretty ironic when I think about it).

Spark Of Spirit

The first appearance of Joker on TB&TB is one of the best moments in the show. If it wasn't so Silver Age it wouldn't work at all.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So far, my favorite recurring villain in the series is Gentleman Ghost, with The Joker being a close 2nd (I've only seen him in one appearance so far). That said, I'm still only on season 1 so I'm sure that my opinion is highly subject to change, but overall this series has some really fun villains.

Spark Of Spirit

I just got my hands on season 3 bringing my collection to a close. The more I watch this show the more I like it even more.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I typically don't care for musicals, but "Mayhem of the Music Meister!" was a great episode, mainly because the lyrics were actually well-written and made complete sense in the context of the characters, and also because the voice actors in this episode could actually sing (except for Aqua Man, but he's still an awesome character, anyways :P ).

Avaitor

It's Neil Patrick Harris. Of course it's great!

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

You know, Crisis: 22,300 Miles Above Earth! is probably the perfect finale for the show's universe.

Yes, I know it's not the last episode but it's the last normal episode (Four Star Spectacular! is an anthology episode and Mitefall! is pure Batmite comedy) and it really seems to close everything off quite well. The episode sort of feels like a passing of the torch from the Silver Age to the modern era in more ways than one. You have the Society questioning and mingling with the League International for the comedy side and Ra's Al Ghul's plot that seems to lean closer to a modern comic plot and the ending seems to imply the universe is heading more in that direction. The episode is also one of the series best, full stop.

All in all, TB&TB was fantastic and it's really a shame that it ended so soon but at least it never had the chance to go bad. In fact, it's currently my favorite superhero show.

Oh, as an aside, the song in Powerless! is the most insane thing in this show by far.