Batman: The Brave & The Bold

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 11, 2011, 07:08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

Feels so weird to not hear George Lowe coming out of Space Ghost's mouth. Feels even weirder to see Space Ghost played straight, not a single quip about Moltar or anything. I didn't think BTBATB was gonna go this retro for me.

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

This cracked the Top 40 on our best cartoon list, so here's the bump.

Why aren't you watching this show? Do you want the communists to win?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Eddy

SUDDENLY: FUCKING SPACE GHOST. How was I not aware of THAT?

I would watch this show more if CN aired it more. But I never see it on because CN is too busy showing Destoy Build Destory or Hole in the Wall or some shit. CN, air this show more because every time I see it I love it.

Spark Of Spirit

I think clips should be fine, but this is why I love this show so much:

Awesome

When was the last time a superhero show ever did anything like that?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Eddy

Holy shit. Why am I not watching this show more? That was hysterical.

ToonFaithful

Quote from: Desensitized on July 03, 2011, 01:38:03 AM
I think clips should be fine, but this is why I love this show so much:

Awesome

When was the last time a superhero show ever did anything like that?
Haha, John DiMaggio is perfect for Aqua-Man!

Eddy

I just wanted to say that today I went out and got Brave and the Bold Season One: Volume One on DVD.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Eddy on July 03, 2011, 10:02:58 PM
I just wanted to say that today I went out and got Brave and the Bold Season One: Volume One on DVD.
I had that in my DVD player for a week when I got it. So rewatchable, and soooo good.

Spark Of Spirit

I got B&TB season 1 part 2 with my Rocko set from amazon (gotta love free shipping), and can't wait to watch it.

BTW, this volume has the Music Meister episode. It also contains the episodes I have seen the least, so it should be fun watching.

Sketch

I've been selling a lot of my DVDs lately (regrettably) but even though I haven't even unwrapped either set of Brave and the Bold I just can't consider parting with them. Cartoon Network hardly ever airs the reruns anymore and hasn't given it more than 1 regular slot a week for quite a while. I don't see why it would kill them to put it on at 6AM or something. Give HotWheels or Beyblade a rest. They seem pretty burnt out on the weekday line-up. Though a nice afternoon airing would be much more to my liking... DVR makes time slots not that important.

The show is simply a joy to watch. It's got great action and lots of laughs and when it wants to, it can be serious. It's tough to accomplish that balance but Brave and the Bold pulls it off well.

I swear this show has practically made me forget about The Batman (not that it was awful it just doesn't hold a candle to this).

Capping out at 65 episodes is plenty respectable but I'm sad to see it ending. It's just so much fun and I'm sure the writers have more ideas. It doesn't feel like it's run it's course at all. It's still pumping out amazing episodes in the final season. Which is more than can be said for quite a few super hero cartoons through the years.

It really ticks me off that CN is so stingy with this show when they have no reason to be. They could have aired the final episodes by now. We barely got any back in Spring before once again it disappeared from the line-up. Now it seems they're going to wait until Fall to air more despite releasing episodes on iTunes through the Summer weeks and on top of that probably wont even air it in prime time given it was premiering episodes at 6:30PM on Fridays and now could end up premiering episodes at 6PM. I guess since it's ending they don't care about a time slot change hurting the ratings but I saw it did pretty well at least one week at 6:30PM.

On the bright side, reruns are back starting August 5th at 6PM and Fall isn't far away. So watch it every Friday when it returns.

Spark Of Spirit

What's weird is that they have yet to air this and Young Justice on the same night, which is pretty disappointing. I thought the two would have made good companion shows for each other but they seem content with trying to kill it off despite its popularity and quality.

Normally it wouldn't annoy me, but you just know it's going to be replaced with another BTAS wannabe, and no matter how good it is, it will feel like a waste to cut this show off so early just for that.

Sketch

Actually they have aired this and Young Justice on the same night, back to back. They did so back in Spring when Brave and the Bold aired premieres at 6:30PM on Friday followed by Young Justice at 7PM. They haven't however aired premieres back to back yet. They were going to in June but that never happened.

On August 5th they'll be airing back to back in the 6PM hour of CN's Friday action block which will run from 6PM-9PM with the only new episodes being ThunderCats at 8:30PM until at least September.

I figure they'll be airing premieres back to back in September but maybe they'll switch the schedule up for ratings and "value" purposes to put YJ premieres back at 7PM. Since Batman is ending it's kind of a low priority for CN. 6PM premieres seems likely but I'd be very frustrated with CN is Young Justice premieres move to 6:30PM in favor of letting Generator Rex stay in prime time when that show does so much worse in comparsion to YJ.

They really need two nights for action. They'll do so in 2012 with DC Nation for airing the YJ and GL but they should do it sooner. Putting 3 shows on Friday and 3 shows on another night. For the sake of argument... put Batman, Young Justice and ThunderCats together on Thursday or Saturday and keep Ben 10, Rex and Star Wars on Friday.

But I guess with DVR and such 6PM hour premieres aren't terrible and they might even do better in those slots due to lack of major competition from Nick and Disney.

Spark Of Spirit

It's over.  :imnothappy:

Quite possibly the best Batman and DC show, if not easily the most consistent, it really is a shame for this to end. Anybody have any favorite memories of this show? I'd list the whole thing, but you know me.  :D