The Land Before Time

Started by Daikun, August 21, 2015, 06:29:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

LumRanmaYasha

I busted a gut when they called it "the greatest family movie series of all time."  :lol:

talonmalon333

I'd still call this one Don Bluth's best.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on August 21, 2015, 07:01:22 PM
The original, sure. It's hard to choose between it, Secret of Nimh, and All Dogs Go To Heaven, honestly.

When I saw him at a Q&A several years ago after watching the film on the big screen, he went out of his way to separate himself from the sequels. He never had any involvement with any sequel to any of his movies.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daikun

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on August 21, 2015, 07:08:42 PMWhen I saw him at a Q&A several years ago after watching the film on the big screen, he went out of his way to separate himself from the sequels. He never had any involvement with any sequel to any of his movies.

Someone actually captured Bluth's exact words and uploaded them to YouTube. (The footage is messy, but it's all we got.)

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Daikun on August 21, 2015, 07:13:19 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on August 21, 2015, 07:08:42 PMWhen I saw him at a Q&A several years ago after watching the film on the big screen, he went out of his way to separate himself from the sequels. He never had any involvement with any sequel to any of his movies.

Someone actually captured Bluth's exact words and uploaded them to YouTube. (The footage is messy, but it's all we got.)
That was the exact place I was at! Yep, the crowd laughed a good laugh at that answer.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

The original film is great and one of Bluth's best. But the sequels? This franchise is not a contender for "the greatest family movie series of all time."

Avaitor

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on August 21, 2015, 07:08:42 PM
The original, sure. It's hard to choose between it, Secret of Nimh, and All Dogs Go To Heaven, honestly.
What about An American Tale?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Avaitor on August 22, 2015, 12:40:30 AM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on August 21, 2015, 07:08:42 PM
What about An American Tale?
Of his four best, it's probably my least favorite. Though that's not so bad considering the quality of those four. I have a hard time deciding which of the other three I like best, but AT doesn't usually pop into my mind as my favorite Bluth film, as much as I like it.

Nel_Annette

The only sequel to a Don Bluth movie that I like is Fievel Goes West, mostly because like the first film it had enough disturbing imagery and great animation to work for me, Bluth or not.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Nel_Annette on August 22, 2015, 01:14:42 AM
The only sequel to a Don Bluth movie that I like is Fievel Goes West, mostly because like the first film it had enough disturbing imagery and great animation to work for me, Bluth or not.
It was the only sequel of his movies given to a team as good as his own. It surprises some people when they learn that Bluth wasn't involved in it. The LBT sequels, however, pretty obviously do not have that feeling.

Daikun

A new member on Toon Zone (who supposedly claims to work for Comcast) bumped my old thread on LBT. He claims that DreamWorks Animation has licensed the franchise and the 15th movie is underway.

Peanutbutter

From the way he spoke, I think he was legit. Really didn't see the need for Light to bring that up about DreamWorks finding his posts. Toon Zone's forums are in the pits and don't have many people at all, who is going to happen upon them?

Daikun