Ace Attorney

Started by Spark Of Spirit, September 17, 2015, 05:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Certainly. I hope for some orchestra and jazz remixes above all.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

I really hope this, and Ace Attorney 6, stir up enough interest and convince Capcom to bring Investigations 2 and the prequel game over here.

talonmalon333

Wait, did you say you think cases 1-4, 1-5, 2-4, and 3-5 would each require up to twenty episodes?

Spark Of Spirit

No, combined together they would add up to that much. Remember, on a game screen you can read fast, on a TV screen the characters have to speak and breath between lines. Those cases would each take a lot of time unless they cut a lot of corners on the story, and then what's the point of adapting them?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

But at the same time, in a television adaptation, there wouldn't be those segments of a witness testifying over and over and Wright cross examining them on every line of dialogue. That would cut out a lot of time.

However, I still think you're right. There's a lot of story in those cases, and they deserve to be done justice. 5 episodes, in my mind, should be the bare minimum.

Peanutbutter

I always felt like if Phoenix Wright were an anime series, that Rise From the Ashes would be the first anime movie. It definitely has that feel whenever I've played it. Though it can work as the season finale or half-finale.

Peanutbutter

Might as well ask now, who do y'all think should get the dub? I would think Funimation might be the safest bet. I've always envisioned Ed Blaylock as Damon Gant. He'd be perfect for him, since Gant is a lot similar to King Bradley.

Spark Of Spirit

Funimation would be the best bet. They always grab the big stuff ASAP.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Peanutbutter on September 25, 2015, 02:04:37 PM
Might as well ask now, who do y'all think should get the dub? I would think Funimation might be the safest bet. I've always envisioned Ed Blaylock as Damon Gant. He'd be perfect for him, since Gant is a lot similar to King Bradley.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on September 25, 2015, 02:36:27 PM

If so, then they should bring back the voice of Yukina from Yu Yu Hakusho, and have her voice Dahlia Hawthorne. Seriously, from the first appearance of that character in the third Ace Attorney, that's the voice I quickly imagined her talking in. It's a perfect fit.

Spoiler
By extension, her twin sister would also have that voice.
[close]

Quote from: Peanutbutter on September 25, 2015, 02:01:31 PM
I always felt like if Phoenix Wright were an anime series, that Rise From the Ashes would be the first anime movie. It definitely has that feel whenever I've played it. Though it can work as the season finale or half-finale.

Whether or not that happens, I think 1-5 would need possibly the largest number of episodes, because I remember it being the longest case in the series.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on September 25, 2015, 03:16:22 PM
Quote from: Peanutbutter on September 25, 2015, 02:04:37 PM

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on September 25, 2015, 02:36:27 PM

If so, then they should bring back the voice of Yukina from Yu Yu Hakusho, and have her voice Dahlia Hawthorne. Seriously, from the first appearance of that character in the third Ace Attorney, that's the voice I quickly imagined her talking in. It's a perfect fit.

Spoiler
By extension, her twin sister would also have that voice.
[close]
Spoiler
She would be a great fit. Especially when she goes bonkers on the stand. Even people who know the series penchant for twists got freaked out the first time that happened in game.
[close]

If Chris Sabat isn't Von Karma, then there is truly something wrong in this world.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on September 25, 2015, 03:23:06 PM
Spoiler
She would be a great fit. Especially when she goes bonkers on the stand. Even people who know the series penchant for twists got freaked out the first time that happened in game.
[close]

If Chris Sabat isn't Von Karma, then there is truly something wrong in this world.

This moment?
Spoiler

Or do you mean when she goes crazy at the very end of 3-5. Either way, both moments are great. And Mia's verbal beatdown on her is phenomenal
[close]

I can't help but imagine von Karma with an accent.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on September 25, 2015, 03:37:30 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on September 25, 2015, 03:23:06 PM
Spoiler
[close]

This moment?
Spoiler

Or do you mean when she goes crazy at the very end of 3-5. Either way, both moments are great. And Mia's verbal beatdown on her is phenomenal
[close]

I can't help but imagine von Karma with an accent.
That would be the moment.

Well, he can do accents, but his deep voice is the perfect fit for the character. His "objection" sound clip is the scariest sound effect in the whole series.

talonmalon333

Spoiler
Speaking of Dahlia, if they choose to go past the third game and animate Apollo Justice and so forth, I wouldn't be opposed to Dahlia's sister, Iris, being a background character. She wouldn't have to have a major role, but the ending of Trials & Tribulations made it clear that there was still a romantic connection between Wright and Iris. So I felt kind of bad that we never saw her again.
[close]

Spark Of Spirit

Great choice for a composer. They got the director for Space Brothers, too.

Still optimistic for it.