Ace Attorney

Started by Spark Of Spirit, September 17, 2015, 05:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

VLordGTZ

Ace Attorney is going to be airing back-to-back with Detective Conan.  Now that's what I call a perfect match up.  ;D

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Foggle on December 19, 2015, 02:57:40 AM
Quote from: VLordGTZ on December 18, 2015, 08:57:33 PM
The anime is being produced by A-1 Pictures.
RIP.

I actually kind of like some of A-1 Pictures' output in recent years, though. Magi, The Seven Deadly Sins, and Space Brothers are all pretty good anime, IMO (Space Brothers in particular is great).

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on February 05, 2016, 04:05:33 PM
Quote from: Foggle on December 19, 2015, 02:57:40 AM
Quote from: VLordGTZ on December 18, 2015, 08:57:33 PM
The anime is being produced by A-1 Pictures.
RIP.

I actually kind of like some of A-1 Picture's output in recent years, though. Magi, The Seven Deadly Sins, and Space brothers are all pretty good anime, IMO (Space Brothers in particular is great).
A-1 has some good stuff. I'm not that familiar with their bad stuff, though. Have they ruined adaptions other than those?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on February 05, 2016, 04:05:33 PM
I actually kind of like some of A-1 Pictures' output in recent years, though. Magi, The Seven Deadly Sins, and Space Brothers are all pretty good anime, IMO (Space Brothers in particular is great).
Space Brothers is indeed good from what I've seen, and I actually didn't know they made Magi. A-1 isn't the worst studio in the world, but they've made a large assortment of cheap-looking and generally awful anime in recent memory. Ultimate Otaku Teacher, Gate, Black Butler: Book of Circus, Saekano, Sword Art Online 2, Aldnoah.Zero, Persona 4 The Golden Animation, the list goes on. Ultimate Otaku Teacher in particular feels like a long lost early 2000's JC Staff anime, while SAO 2's and Book of Circus' production quality are far below the level of their predecessors despite them having made a shitload of money. I don't doubt that the Ace Attorney anime could turn out well if it has good writing and actual effort put into it, but A-1's animation and directing have been pretty terrible lately.

Spark Of Spirit

I think it would also have to vary based on the staff for the show. Pierrot has been terrible for a while but, from what I've heard, they knocked it out of the park with Yona of the Dawn, so there is a chance it could be well done.

The director of Space Brothers, one of the studios better projects, being involved certainly does give me hope.

VLordGTZ

I personally have a fairly positive opinion about A-1 Pictures since they have made some great shows in recent years like Silver Spoon.  Granted, the last production of theirs that I enjoyed was The Seven Deadly Sins (I've heard great things about ERASED but I still need to check it out), but that is mainly due to my lack of interest in the shows themselves rather than A-1's treatment and handling of them.  They are by no means perfect, but they are still way better than godawful studios like Toei.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 05, 2016, 08:04:40 PM
I think it would also have to vary based on the staff for the show. Pierrot has been terrible for a while but, from what I've heard, they knocked it out of the park with Yona of the Dawn, so there is a chance it could be well done.
Osomatsu-san has also been amazing, so Pierrot has that going for them.  I not too optimistic about how they'll handle Twin Star Exorcists, though.

Peanutbutter

I just want the release date of the English dub. If Funimation's actors get any parts, I really hope the dude that played King Bradley does Damon Gant. The two of them have very similar personalities.

VLordGTZ

Spark Of Spirit

Lord Dalek

First episode thoughts... its the game except uninteresting. The animation is crap. The plot clipped and bland. Fans only.

Foggle

Quote from: Lord Dalek on April 02, 2016, 11:33:02 AM
First episode thoughts... its the game except uninteresting. The animation is crap. The plot clipped and bland. Fans only.
I haven't even seen any fans of the game who like it, tbh.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, it looks like A-1 pretty much used up all of its talented staff on ERASED.

Daxdiv

Quote from: Lord Dalek on April 02, 2016, 11:33:02 AM

Pretty much. I enjoyed the OP & ED, but then again... I'm trash. :^)

Maybe it's because the first case in the game is pretty much the tutorial level and the first case was pretty bland, I will continue to watch it to give it a chance. Well that and mostly to see how different Japan is from Japaniforina .