One Punch Man

Started by Spark Of Spirit, October 02, 2015, 09:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Viz has a behind the scenes video of the new anime. Also, recent news suggest this anime will be one cour, 12 episodes long. But I would say future seasons are a lock at this point.

So discuss the anime adaption of One Punch Man produced by Madhouse here.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

VLordGTZ

Yeah, 12 eps is what I expected since the series is very art and action heavy.  Unless Mahouse wants to start adapting OPM from the original web-comic chapters (which there are a lot more of), we'll probably need to wait a while for a second season.  In any case, this season will most likely adapt the Sea King and Boros fights, so I'm really excited.  ;D

Spark Of Spirit

Here's the OP.

Color me impressed. Episode 1 live up to expectations. It feels like it was always meant to be animated.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

The first episode was everything I'd hoped for! Absolutely excellent animation and action sequences that, while maybe don't "pop" as well as they do in the manga, are still a sight to behold. And it was great the way they tied together all of the early episodic chapters together into a coherent narrative using Saitama's existential ennui as a thematic thread. The OP kicks ass too. Easily the best premiere of the season. I doubt anything else will even come close. I hope they can keep this level of quality consistent throughout the whole show!  ;D

Spark Of Spirit

This is the type of show that gave Madhouse its name. So far the really appear to be taking advantage of the material.

But that fight scene near the end of the episode might be one of the best animated action sequences ever. Easily in TV animation.

VLordGTZ

Yeah, the first episode was absolutely amazing.  Madhouse delivered all that I could have hoped for in an OPM adaption.  I'm looking forward to Genos' introduction in the next episode.  ;D

LumRanmaYasha

This week's episode was a little disappointing, in that they didn't replicate this scene from the manga, but otherwise it was another great one. So far it's been just about everything I've hoped for from an OPM adaption, and now that we're a third of the way in, I'm confident it'll keep it up for the rest of it's run.

gunswordfist

I thought you'd be in here talking about that scene.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

I'll be watching this on Hulu. I just found out it was on there two days ago.

Avaitor

I actually just watched the second episode, and I'm really enjoying this so far!
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

LumRanmaYasha

Glad to see you guys enjoying it!  :)

It's been announced that both the Sea King and Lord Boros have been cast, which confirms that the anime will be adapting both the Sea Monster AND the Alien Conquerors arc. And I'm incredibly happy and excited about that, especially since it means one of all-time my favorite fights in manga will soon be animated! ;D :shakeshakeshake:

VLordGTZ

:shakeshakeshake:
It's going to be awesome seeing Saitama vs. Boros animated.  ;D

LumRanmaYasha

6 OVAs are being produced.

More OP anime content is a very good thing. Hopefully Viz releases these alongside the tv anime when it comes time to do their blu-ray/dvd releases.

gunswordfist

I started the show today and now I'm caught up. Whoa, I didn't expect it to be this comedic. I have a good number of loud laughs. I actually expected it to take itself kind of seriously. I assumed Genos was going to start out as a villain or rival or something. It must be thanks to the scans I saw...and his eyes. I love how he's basically an ultra serious 70s anime character. I didn't expect Saitama to be super durable (or even super strong). I thought he would just dodge or block everything.

Anyway, I'm hooked. I cannot wait for more!

Lord Il

It's rare for an anime series to have me really excited to see another new episode each week.
I'm enjoying this a lot.