One Punch Man

Started by Spark Of Spirit, October 02, 2015, 09:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

OMG, they are already being released? Also, you read the manga?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

Quote from: gunswordfist on January 28, 2016, 09:30:23 PM
OMG, they are already being released? Also, you read the manga?
Yeah, it looks like the first one came out a couple of weeks after the last episode aired.

And not yet, but I think that I'll get to it soon!
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

I definitely want to read them myself. Never been more interested in trying a webcomic.

I wonder if any streaming service I have (Hulu or CR) has it..

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daikun

LumRanmaYasha

A second season is coming!  :joy:

I can't wait to see the Human Monster arc and Garo animated. Though, if Murata hasn't finished it by then, I wonder if they'll either adapt forward from the webcomic or write an original story. Either way, more OPM anime is something to be excited about.

VLordGTZ

I'm not surprised, but it's good to hear more OPM is on it's way!  ;D

Though, I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't come out until 2018.  In the manga, everything past Garou vs Tanktop Master has been original material written by ONE specifically for the manga and takes place prior to the Monster Association arc.  To adapt from the webcomic, Madhouse will need to wait until that original story-line is finished or switch to adapting from the webcomic before the original story-line happens. 

On a side note, I've been slowly catching up to the webcomic and I'm really enjoying it.  ONE's art is starting to grow on me, surprisingly.

Spark Of Spirit

Details on the home video release!

QuoteOne-Punch Man contains episodes 1-12 plus 6 OVAs.
Viz does what Funidon't.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

:o Kind of pricey but it does come with 6 OVAs. Any word on those being good?

VLordGTZ

I'm happy to see that Viz is including the OVAs.  I haven't watched them yet, but I know one of them involves Child Emperor being a detective, which is perfect since his jap voice actor also happens to voice Conan in Detective Conan.  :D

Spark Of Spirit

LumRanmaYasha

Assuming they've been in production for a while now, I think fall is a likely bet. They spent almost a year on production for the first season after all.

VLordGTZ

Yeah, a fall season premiere is certainly a possibility.  The Monster Invasion arc seems like it will be wrapping up in the manga fairly soon, and while it will probably not be a perfect stopping point since it will likely lead directly into the Monster Association arc, it should provide enough material for a 1-cour season.

Daikun

Daikun