Favorite Scenes/Moments in Animation

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, January 12, 2011, 08:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on February 16, 2011, 10:11:48 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on February 15, 2011, 10:37:22 PM
Bumping this thread out of necessity.

This one has always been one of my favorite EEnE scenes. Really gets into Double D's anger issues and is unforgettable.

I wish the full thing was up. I mean the episode is full of great stuff, but this only has the key part of that particular sequence. Also, you can cut out after about 20 seconds.

Wow, now that's a scene that brings back a flood of good memories and nostalgia from my days of watching Cartoon Cartoons. I always really liked Double D's more frustrated interactions with Ed and Eddy, what with he being of a higher intellect and not always being able to put up with their more childish antics (even though he takes part in most of what they do, himself). I really need to re-watch that series when I get the chance.

Oh, as for other favorite moments of my own, here are some more:

Anything with Doctor/Kamiya from Yu Yu Hakusho, but this is the only really good scene of his that I could find on youtube (granted that, he was only around for about 2 episodes, so that makes sense). I really just liked the dilemma that he presented to Yusuke, and since he couldn't beat him with strength he tried to attack him psychologically by testing how willing he was to take the life of another human being. Its a nice change of pace from the regular shonen battle structure (hell, the entire Chapter Black arc is like that).

Just about every death scene in One Piece, but this one here is one of my personal favorites, and IMO one of the saddest and most effective scenes in the entire series. Even though Oda allows a bunch of One Piece characters to live through ridiculous circumstances, he really knows how to send characters off when it comes to that (granted that most of these characters are both introduced and die in the flash backs of other characters, but still it doesn't hamper the emotional impact all that much).

Then there is this scene from Hunter X Hunter. The first half of it is great just for being a damn fine fluidly animated fight scene (better than most of the cheap crap that gets churned out of most shonen anime these days), but the real reason for my posting that scene is for the last couple of minutes of it, when Kurapika is interrogating Ubogin. You can really tell that its tearing him apart to have to sink that low to get his revenge on the Genei Ryodan, since he's never killed a person before fighting Ubo. I think its a really great emotional scene in a very subtle sort of way that only somebody like Togashi could pull off in a shonen series.

This is my 2nd favorite scene from Return of the Joker (I couldn't find a specific video for my favorite scene in the film). And really, how could you possibly top that introduction scene with any other animated scene in existence....

....OH WAIT! THIS IS HOW!
Whoa, you went all out on this.

I didn't appreciate that Doctor scene that much when I watched it. Again, I must rewatch Chapter Black.

I didn't know The Joker impaled him? That must be the uncut version I heard about.

And I also didn't appreciate that MOTP scene when I first saw it.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, that's only expected, GSF. Those scenes are so high up on the spectrum of superiority that your inferior mind cannot even begin to comprehend their amazing-ness. Its alright, though, young GSF. Perhaps someday your brain power will be marginally above the level of a retarded fish frog. :>

No, but seriously, re-watch Chapter Black. It completely surpasses anything from the Dark Tournament arc in terms of story-line, alone.

Also, Mask of the Phantasm is just one big compilation of great and memorable scenes, so I can effectively say that not being able to appreciate even one of its scenes is pure blasphemy.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I....I-I think I just found the most hilariously awful scene in animation history. I....Its so terrible that I watched it 5 times in a row just to believe what I saw and heard....and now I think its my new favorite scene ever. :happytime:

Here is the scene in question. I don't even know what its from but I'm assuming its from some random Hentai or some shit like that. Who cares, this is by far the most unintentionally funny scene that I have seen in anything ever.

Foggle

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

"If you taste it or smoke it you get happy and do crazy things."

"Yes, it's a bit dangerous."

I think that I may make this my new sig.

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

Avaitor

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on July 05, 2011, 11:12:31 AM
Quote from: Avaitor on July 05, 2011, 07:47:21 AM
What the fuck...
And what's worse, this was made by Tomino.
Sheeeeeeeeet

I actually got someone to watch all of this, too. He says it's full of laughs.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

gunswordfist

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on February 17, 2011, 02:16:30 PM
Well, that's only expected, GSF. Those scenes are so high up on the spectrum of superiority that your inferior mind cannot even begin to comprehend their amazing-ness. Its alright, though, young GSF. Perhaps someday your brain power will be marginally above the level of a retarded fish frog. :>

No, but seriously, re-watch Chapter Black. It completely surpasses anything from the Dark Tournament arc in terms of story-line, alone.

Also, Mask of the Phantasm is just one big compilation of great and memorable scenes, so I can effectively say that not being able to appreciate even one of its scenes is pure blasphemy.
lol @ you calling me young. I'll be sure to rewatch Chapter Black
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

Oh, for a serious one, I really love the scene when Hiccup first meets Toothless in How To Train Your Dragon. I love the subtlety in the animation and music right as Hiccup eyes the dragon, and when his hand touches Toothless's face and his eyes light up, it's magic.

I don't want to look for the clip on YouTube, since watching it out of context may spoil it if you haven't already seen the movie in full. It's easily one of the most memorable scenes in animation from recent years.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

This is my favorite scene from the Three Kings arc.

talonmalon333

Mr. Big

I have many, but I pretty much like this whole cartoon, especially the part where the cat gestures to the audience on how huge the mouse is when he sees it for the first time. As well as how the alien cats keep giving him medals despite his failures.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xcogl9_mouse-trek_shortfilms

Yes, this is the same Ralph Bakshi who did "Fritz the Cat" and other adult cartoons.

Spark Of Spirit

One of my favorite scenes... Just brilliant.

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on July 13, 2011, 11:10:08 PM
This is my favorite scene from the Three Kings arc.
This part is way better in the anime, but one thing I wish they kept was how Togashi drew Yomi's eyes in the past. It was all too clear that he was a totally different person with just that image.

Of course it doesn't mean much since Togashi did nothing with Yomi beyond creating Shura, but it was a neat touch.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

OH MAN, EVERYONE CHECK OUT WIKI'S ARTICLE OF THE DAY. HELL TO THE FUCKING YESSSSS

*ahem* Wow, we really don't have a thread to talk about random crap like this for animation, do we? Anyway, I'll compile a list of favorite scenes for it later.

New blog!