Favorite Scenes/Moments in Animation

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, January 12, 2011, 08:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commode

If it wasn't for you I don't think I'd ever look at the main Wikipedia page.  Usually when I read Wiki I just go over to the search bar that's at the top of Firefox(which includes Google, Amazon, Wiki, among others) and go straight to the article I want.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

I always have a Wiki tab open, in case I get bored and decide to look up a random article or need a frame of reference for a certain album. I only remember to check out their article of the day once every few days though.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Avaitor

I never posted this, but here's my attempt to name as many epic EEnE moments as I can:

Well, you can't get more epic than the time Rolf pulled out the giant clam and put the rest of the kids inside it. That's one of the biggest WTF moments in the show's history. That comes from "It Came From Outer Ed".

The entirety of the episode where the Eds used reverse psychology on the Kankers, "A Twist of Ed", is classic. Ed and Double D's shticks are great, and you can't get a better example of Eddy's own anxiety than seeing him crack against the sisters so easily.

Ed flying across the Cul-De-Sac with a pair of panties as a parachute is one of those crazy scenes that shouldn't be as memorable as it is, but hey, it always comes back to mind for me. "A Glass of Warm Ed"

"Honor Thy Ed" is one of the most creative episode in the show's history, right down to that brilliant ending. One of the few times where it's fine to see the Kankers win.

Do I need to talk about "Mirror, Mirror on the Ed" again?

THAT'S MY HORSE. I shouldn't even name the episode for you guys. That's enough.

ALL of Ed's story in "Once Upon an Ed". Oh my god.

The Ed's roller coaster at the end of "Gimme, Gimme Never Ed" might just be the most creative thing they've ever done, and has one of the best endings in the whole show.

Althoughhh Eddy's plot to destroy Ed's violin once and for all in "Pain in the Ed" is just as great, and has an equally classic ending.

Another great ending- "A Case of Ed". This is one of the few times where the Eds (well, Ed and Eddy at least) deserve what they get against Kevin.

It's creepy to see what chunky Nazz looked like in "Every Which Way But Ed", but it's a hilarious scene all the same. And it contains another classic ending, which is crucial to the show's history.

I don't think Ed has broken the law of physics more than he did at the end of "I Am Curious Ed". And god bless 'em, and the stork!

And to cap this post off, the ending of "A Fistful of Ed". Eddy grows some balls, the guys get hot dogs and everybody gets a happy ending for once. What's not to love?

So yeah, if you can't tell, I like this show. :sweat:
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Foggle

THAT'S MY HORSE! :happytime:

Those are all great moments. I also really love the first bit of the movie with the "car chase." But that whole movie was amazing.

Avaitor

That's another classic. I hear that it was actually meant to be longer, though. But they cut part of it out along with the scene where we would've found out what's under Double D's hat.

New blog!

Foggle

Quote from: Avaitor on August 31, 2012, 11:57:44 AM
they cut part of it out along with the scene where we would've found out what's under Double D's hat.
WHAT!!!!??!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!!?!?!?!? :shit:

Kiddington

Barring an extremely unlikely revival, it's one of those great mysteries that will forever remain unsolved.

Too bad.

Avaitor

Holy shit, the chase scene in "The Man From Jupiter". Oh my god.

Archer and Burt Reynolds taking on a bunch of Cuban hit men with Vanispheres along for the ride. Holy shit Archer is amazing.

New blog!

GregX

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on February 16, 2011, 10:59:42 PM
"The access code is... alone."

Yeah, in hindsight, read that line sounds a tad corny. But it helps put a sad cap to what we had seen so far of Demona's life in City of Stone.

This would be my choice.

Avaitor

"For God's sakes, Hank act like an adult, man. And keep it down, guys, will you? I'm trying to get through an article on vintage Camaros and I've been on the same dang page for 20 minutes."

New blog!

Grave

Favorite moments hmm....

Ichigo grabs Aizen's face
Yeah, I know people don't care for Bleach. I like it although it's not among  a favorite, but I definitely prefer it over One Piece and Naruto, but that's for another day. I feel a lot of my favorite moments in Bleach were ruined in the anime due to poor animation or bad dubbing. Anyway, I'm gonna let that picture speak for itself.

Time for some real stuff now.

Gouda
Still probably my favorite series ever, but that moment really sealed the deal for me.

Mustang vs Envy
There are probably quite a few great moments in FMA:B, but this whole fight standout. From the original to Brotherhood, I still think Mustang should get his own series.

That's it for now.

Spark Of Spirit

"Yeah... I-I guess you got me... after all. "

Chill of the Night.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

"I don't know when, I don't know how, but I know something starting right now"

I'll never admire the movie as much as a lot of people do, but damn if this isn't an incredible moment. You could argue that it's the scene that defined the Renaissance.

New blog!

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

So Disney has uploaded the full "Let It Go" sequence on YouTube. And I'm still reeling over how wonderful it is. Let's go into why.

• First of all, the animation. My god, the animation. It's taken a long time, but Disney has practically mastered the method of CG animation at this point, delivering on the promises Pixar offered a long time ago. Look at how expressive Elsa's movement is here all the way through. The way she hid from the world, Anna in particular, no longer matters. Now she can emote, free herself. And she's got a bit of sass to boot. The way she drops her cape into the wind is rightfully insightful, but that isn't as brilliant as when she puts her hair down, then quickly transforms in an expressive way that the studio's legends would be proud of.

If I told you that Elsa was originally planned to be a villain, would you believe it from this sequence?
  • But what's some nice animation without pretty scenery to go with it? The mountain Elsa walks on is gorgeously rendered, while her new kingdom is a visual delight. The animator's use of ice is deliciously clean.
  • Not to mention that each and every snowflake was generated to look different from each other. For reals.
  • The sunrise at the end though. This is the icing at the cake, and thankfully isn't the last time we'll see luscious sun red juxtaposed to Elsa's white, and each time is a particular delight.
  • And while I ultimately prefer Demi's vocal performance on her performance, Idina Menzel knocks it out of the park with hers, as the orchestration here is perfect. The Avenue Q guys wrote this song first, and I still say they got it perfect the first time.

I can't recommend seeing the film in theaters for this one scene alone, but wow, is it a stunner.

New blog!